- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped 2 Years Ago
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses 2 Years Ago
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart 2 Years Ago
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
During Britney Spears‘ first show since May for her “Piece of Me” residency at Las Vegas‘ Planet Hollywood, a wild fan rushed her stage, did a front handspring, then flipped over a dancer that attempted to tackle him.
Videos of the incident, shot by multiple fans during Spears’ Aug. 9 show, show the star wrapping up her number for Crazy when a fan appears on the left side of the stage. He does a mid-air flip of his own before walking toward center stage, where Spears and her dancers are in a formation.
Someone from stage left, who appears to be a dancer and not security, then runs to the man and attempts to push him away from the dancers, but is instead flipped onto his back by the fan. Spears then yells, “Stop!” (as part of the song), and the dancers behind her begin to notice and rush to help the fallen crew member take down the fan.
“Are you guys having fun?” Spears asks the crowd, possibly oblivious to the action behind her.
Two security members then rush to Spears and inform her of what’s happening.
“Is something OK? What’s going on?” Spears is heard saying before stammering at the guards. The two men then take her to exit stage right, while other security members begin to assist the dancers in detaining the man.
Fans then booed the man and chanted “asshole” as security addressed him.
Here you can see the fan flipping on stage and flipping the crew member:
Söylentiye göre sahneye atlayan bu kişi 2 güvenlik görevlisinin hafif şekilde yaralanmasına sebep oldu.Posted by Britney Spears Team Turkey on Thursday, August 10, 2017
And here we see Spears’ reaction to finding out someone tried to rush her stage:
my baby almost got attacked on stage tonight I wanna cry pic.twitter.com/pKRESY6dQT— Emanuel Jenner (@emanueljenner) August 10, 2017
At least one fan took the opportunity to scream what the rest of us would in this situation: “LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!”
Spears’ “Piece of Me” residency at Las Vegas’ Planet Hollywood ends Dec. 31.
H/T María Núñez
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.