- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings 2 Years Ago
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? 2 Years Ago
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Today 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Today 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
Vanity Fair’s highly anticipated Hollywood portfolio debuted on Thursday, one actor short of the originally planned ensemble.
The magazine removed Franco from the shoot after allegations against him from five women were published in the Los Angeles Times this month. He had already sat for his portrait and an interview, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Apparently, Franco’s past of hitting on underage women wasn’t enough to keep him out of the shoot.
“We made a decision not to include James Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him,” a Vanity Fair spokesperson said.
Franco continues to deny the allegations in the Los Angeles Times story but has begun to distance himself from the industry by foregoing red carpet appearances during the 2018 awards season.
Often photographers opt to photograph models in an ensemble photo separately since it can be incredibly difficult to get a large number of high-profile people together in one room at the same time. Photographer Annie Leibovitz shot each actor separately and then digitally placed them in one photograph, making it easy to remove Franco from the shoot.
Unfortunately, it looks like the digital modification led to a few errors, as well. Some users on Twitter pointed out that it looks like Reese Witherspoon has three legs and Oprah has three hands.
Retweet this picture of Oprah with 3 hands or you'll have a decade of bad luck pic.twitter.com/nPMOoe3kQk— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) January 25, 2018
im tryna figure out how many legs reese witherspoon’s got in here, it’s been bothering me for the last five minutes pic.twitter.com/u1uQ63sDdd— TITA SAW BLACK PANTHER (@leiascaptain) January 25, 2018
I accept your 3d leg. As I know you accept my 3d hand👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾❤️— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) January 25, 2018
The photo shoot features—left to right—Oprah Winfrey, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hanks, Michael B. Jordan, Zendaya, Jessica Chastain, Claire Foy, Michael Shannon, Harrison Ford, Gal Gadot, Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter and Robert De Niro.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.