- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
The internet isn’t sure how it feels about new photos of Beyoncé‘s twin babies.
Beyoncé gave birth to twins, Rumi and Sir, in June, and just like after the birth of her first child, Blue Ivy, her fans have been eager to catch a glimpse of the newest members of the family. The circumstances of these photos making it to the internet are not without controversy, however.
These are, from the looks of things, nonconsensual paparazzi shots photographers took during the power couple’s recent vacation in Miami, Florida. The very fact of the images making it to the public has sparked an immediate surge of reaction on social media, with many of her fans swinging between excitement to see her twins, outrage that her privacy was violated, or some combination of both.
The Carter-Knowles twins make the unofficial debut in celebville. Paparazzi took snaps of Rumi and Sir Carter in Miami on vacay with their parents Beyonce & Jay-Z pic.twitter.com/xBRsnPmzEB— Phil Mphela (@PhilMphela) November 12, 2017
I already know Beyoncé is gonna be mad af about these leaked photos of the twins. Prepare for her wrath. pic.twitter.com/exQ9IHkBKh— ㅤً (@The__Prototype) November 11, 2017
IDK who took that picture of Beyonce and those twins, but I do know that there will be a new episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES starring that person. pic.twitter.com/m9rPZ9JIO2— George M Johnson (@IamGMJohnson) November 12, 2017
THE TWINS!!! RUMI'S HAIR IS FULL!!! SIR CARTER IS HANDSOME! pic.twitter.com/UAzjGJ2utm— Beyoncé's Apprentice (@TrellBeyLike) November 11, 2017
those paparazzi shots of beyoncé and her children are creepy as hell. that looks like a VERY private moment on very private property.— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) November 11, 2017
Sir and Rumi Carter were not ‘revealed’ because neither Beyoncé nor Jay-Z did it. It was piece of shit paparazzi therefore and invasion of privacy not a reveal.— Shelly-Anna Tompkins (@shelly_tompkins) November 12, 2017
Sir and Rumi broke the internet today.— Markita Michel (@markitamichel_) November 11, 2017
Sir and Rumi are so chubby and cute y’all pls pic.twitter.com/3XqXNNPQ87— ♡ gucciyoncé (@zaddyyonce) November 11, 2017
Rumi and Sir are both nearly 6 months old, while their older sister, Blue Ivy, is five years old. Beyoncé’s mother, Tina Knowles, is also pictured holding one of the twins.
Of course, this is far from the first time either Beyoncé or husband Jay-Z have been targets of paparazzi. But it seems the Beyhive would be a whole lot happier if the couple simply released new photos of the twins themselves.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.