- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
The internet isn’t sure how it feels about new photos of Beyoncé‘s twin babies.
Beyoncé gave birth to twins, Rumi and Sir, in June, and just like after the birth of her first child, Blue Ivy, her fans have been eager to catch a glimpse of the newest members of the family. The circumstances of these photos making it to the internet are not without controversy, however.
These are, from the looks of things, nonconsensual paparazzi shots photographers took during the power couple’s recent vacation in Miami, Florida. The very fact of the images making it to the public has sparked an immediate surge of reaction on social media, with many of her fans swinging between excitement to see her twins, outrage that her privacy was violated, or some combination of both.
The Carter-Knowles twins make the unofficial debut in celebville. Paparazzi took snaps of Rumi and Sir Carter in Miami on vacay with their parents Beyonce & Jay-Z pic.twitter.com/xBRsnPmzEB— Phil Mphela (@PhilMphela) November 12, 2017
I already know Beyoncé is gonna be mad af about these leaked photos of the twins. Prepare for her wrath. pic.twitter.com/exQ9IHkBKh— ㅤً (@The__Prototype) November 11, 2017
IDK who took that picture of Beyonce and those twins, but I do know that there will be a new episode of UNSOLVED MYSTERIES starring that person. pic.twitter.com/m9rPZ9JIO2— George M Johnson (@IamGMJohnson) November 12, 2017
THE TWINS!!! RUMI'S HAIR IS FULL!!! SIR CARTER IS HANDSOME! pic.twitter.com/UAzjGJ2utm— Beyoncé's Apprentice (@TrellBeyLike) November 11, 2017
those paparazzi shots of beyoncé and her children are creepy as hell. that looks like a VERY private moment on very private property.— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) November 11, 2017
Sir and Rumi Carter were not ‘revealed’ because neither Beyoncé nor Jay-Z did it. It was piece of shit paparazzi therefore and invasion of privacy not a reveal.— Shelly-Anna Tompkins (@shelly_tompkins) November 12, 2017
Sir and Rumi broke the internet today.— Markita Michel (@markitamichel_) November 11, 2017
Sir and Rumi are so chubby and cute y’all pls pic.twitter.com/3XqXNNPQ87— ♡ gucciyoncé (@zaddyyonce) November 11, 2017
Rumi and Sir are both nearly 6 months old, while their older sister, Blue Ivy, is five years old. Beyoncé’s mother, Tina Knowles, is also pictured holding one of the twins.
Of course, this is far from the first time either Beyoncé or husband Jay-Z have been targets of paparazzi. But it seems the Beyhive would be a whole lot happier if the couple simply released new photos of the twins themselves.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.