- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ 8 Years Ago
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
Baby, you’re just ugly
If you thought babies were always cute bundles of joy, then you haven’t gotten into the spirit of this Tumblr.
It is against societal normals to call a baby ugly, but we as people can agree that babies painted during the renaissance are rather unsightly.
Pick up a puke bag and scroll through at Ugly Renaissance Babies, a new Tumblr showcasing all of those ugly babies from yesteryear. (A reader pointed out that some of paintings don’t fall in the Renaissance era but also the Byzantine and Medieval eras. Regardless, still ugly!)
The first ugly baby that caught our eye was this bulbous baby that enjoys his wine more than a Real Housewife. Also, take note that he’s peeing and drinking at the same time! Total frat move.
We also loved the sassy babies dancing to whatever they listened to back then (Madonna: she’s that old, right?). They also have faces only a mother could love.
Another favorite is a picture called “The Reddit Madonna: I’m Watching You” where the baby’s face looks exactly like the meme that gained notoriety from rage comics.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.