- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world 2 Years Ago
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter 2 Years Ago
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
There appears to be a new Trump-specific exhibit in the works, which Comedy Central will open this summer in New York City.
This after Comedy Central purposefully confused many late-night watchers into openly wondering if the Russian Federation had hacked the channel on Wednesday night during The Daily Show.
Trevor Noah’s show was momentarily interrupted by a four-second snippet, then a mini video which included brooding war footage and music, as well as a spinning ballerina doll. It also flashed a new Russian domain name, thepresidentshow.ru.
Comedy Central later promoted that site, which initially went to a Russian account with three tweets in Russian, but now goes to @PresidentShow. At the time of Comedy Central’s subsequent press release announcing the new project—“The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library”—there was only one tweet.
"Late night TV is broken. A TOTAL DISASTER. I alone can fix it!" https://t.co/u3HObey9FO— The President Show (@PresidentShow) March 30, 2017
Then the show retweeted another associated handle, that of @LateNightDonald, which has been quietly tweeting regularly since March 21.
Great meeting today with FCC about commercials. Too long and TOO LOUD! Just want to watch my shows!— Late Night Donald (@LateNightDonald) March 30, 2017
LYING FitBit!! I walked at least 3 million steps today!— Late Night Donald (@LateNightDonald) March 25, 2017
Comedy Central then announced in a press release that “The Daily Show Presents: The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library” has its own Twitter handle. The release claimed it “will open in June, and it will be tremendous. It will be so tremendous that you’ll get tired of the tremendousness, so it will then close only a few days later. Sad!”
The Donald J. Trump President Twitter Library has the BEST librarians- all 10s! Very nice.— Trump Library (@TDSTrumpLibrary) March 29, 2017
The faux-hack occurred again, later on Chris Hardwick-hosted @midnight.
No word yet on what, specifically, comedy fans can expect.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.