- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise 2 Years Ago
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
TOMMY WISEAU TRYING TO STEAL THE MIC FROM JAMES FRANCO IS THE MOST TOMMY WISEAU THING pic.twitter.com/91yWNcwHrS— hattie (@hattiesoykan) January 8, 2018
Franco portrayed Wiseau in last year’s The Disaster Artist, the (reportedly) Polish international man of mystery who made 2003 cult classic The Room. Franco’s film tells the stranger-than-fiction story of the worst movie ever made, one that continues to fill arthouse theaters for Rocky Horror-esque screenings. People come to laugh at the nonsensical and manipulative story, and chant along with the bad dialogue.
But as Wiseau reached for the microphone, Franco swatted his hand away.
Give it up for Tommy Wiseau for immediately trying to take the mic pic.twitter.com/OFQYSlchqc— Parker Molloy (@ParkerMolloy) January 8, 2018
Shocked and saddened, the internet tweeted. We wouldn’t be receiving the no-holds-barred acceptance speech we craved.
I really would have liked it if James Franco let Tommy Wiseau speak. The Disaster Artist is about outsiders believing their voices matter too. But James Franco, in a single gesture, at the microphone, reminded all of us it’s really just a fantasy.#TheDisasterArtist #GoldenGlobes— Greg Morelli (@yesgregyes) January 8, 2018
I am extremely uncomfortable with James Franco cutting off Tommy Wiseau. You owe him everything, dude.— Emily Yoshida (@emilyyoshida) January 8, 2018
Wonder if anyone is gonna point out Tommy Wiseau's treatment of women on set of The Room tonight— Jaya Saxena (@jayasax) January 8, 2018
“I don’t wait for Hollywood, I make my own movie,” Franco said onstage, impersonating Wiseau and the moment the infamous actor decided to pursue The Room. He continued: “This was billed as the movie about making the best-worst movie ever made… but in fact, it’s a story about friendship.”
Wiseau is set to appear in Best F(r)iends this year alongside Room co-star Greg Sestero.
Watch the epic moment below:
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.