- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Wednesday 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Wednesday 10:43 AM
Tomi Lohren has politicized the Tide Pod challenge—and she’s blaming liberals, of course.
On her “Final Thoughts” segment, uploaded Friday to Fox News’ Facebook page, the conservative pundit sounded off on the breakdown of the American family and connected a culture of entitlement to the rise of teenagers eating Tide Pods. Doing so can burn your esophagus, and she acknowledges that even “dumb” teens know this, but says that liberal pop culture has created an environment that encourages them to do it for the social media validation.
“Not only is it insanely dumb, it’s downright pathetic,” Lahren says. “It’s a parenting problem… It’s the latest symptom of a larger problem: the breakdown of the American family.”
She says modern parenting has been derailed by liberal “go with the flow” values that produce “wild animals who think they can do whatever they want.”
This somehow then devolved into, as it often does with Loren, a rant of hateful nonsequiturs, with Lohren saying that the left’s culture elevates Beyoncé to a god and lets teens have “64 gender selections.”
“Parents used to wash their kids’ mouths out with soap and now kids are voluntarily eating it,” she says.
Somehow Lohren forgot that knucklehead teens have been daring each other to do idiotic nonsense since the beginning of time—like drag racing, setting themselves on fire, and electrocuting their own nipples.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.