- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
The Sanderson sisters are back in Todrick Hall’s ‘Hocus Pocus’ parody
The tale of three broke witches just trying to make it through the holiday.
Just as you’re gearing up for Halloween, Todrick Hall swoops in with a ’90s parody for the occasion.
This time, YouTube’s mashup maestro is tweaking the plot of the much-beloved classic Hocus Pocus. Now it’s Broke-us Pocus, the tale of three broke witches just trying to make it through the holiday.
So for anyone out there still looking for costume idea inspiration, maybe a flicka da wrist over a cauldron while singing his “I Put a Spell on You” remix will help.
Screengrab via Todrick Hall/YouTube
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.