- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia 1 Year Ago
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
Timothée Chalamet can do an (inter)stellar impression of Matthew McConaughey
It might be his best performance yet.
Timothée Chalamet is nominated for an Oscar for his performance in Call Me By Your Name, but he’s already earned an important award in the hearts of countless fans for his impression of Matthew McConaughey.
In 2014, the 22-year-old actor played the younger version of Tom Cooper (the older version was played by McConaughey) in Interstellar. So basically, Chalamet was a miniature McConaughey.
At some point during the making of Interstellar, McConaughey left Chalamet a voicemail that Chalamet can now recite verbatim—because who wouldn’t do that if McConaughey called them and referred to himself as your “movie dad,” right?
Chalamet performed an impression of the voicemail to the folks at GQ, and it’s pretty spot on. Listeners can hear McConaughey’s accent seep into some of the words as Chalamet recites the 48-year-old actor’s words verbatim.
Four years ago, Matthew McConaughey left Timothée Chalamet a voicemail that the young actor admits he committed to memory. Here, now, a recitation. pic.twitter.com/T9w83yTCUH— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) March 2, 2018
Fans on Twitter loved it.
Honestly this is incredible but who the hell memorizes a voicemail omfg. Also who the HELL doesn’t write back to McConaughey??— kaletastrophe (@kaletastrophe) March 2, 2018
You obviously have more video content, RELEASE THE FOOTAGE— t (@LibCdn) March 2, 2018
“Timothée Chal Chal Chalamet...” 😂— Jessica Marie (@tyedie19) March 2, 2018
Me being super happyyyyy cause @RealChalamet is my precious babe and #matthewmcconaughey is my favorite actor so far !!!! Side note: How can he be that smiley? I mean he smiles all the time and it’s soooo adorable !! pic.twitter.com/fAMH9UuB1V— Just Timothée (@Chanou1309) March 2, 2018
Hopefully for Chalamet’s sake, he will continue to take after his “movie dad” and win the best actor award at the Oscars on Sunday.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.