- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 1 Year Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 1 Year Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
Timothée Chalamet can do an (inter)stellar impression of Matthew McConaughey
It might be his best performance yet.
Timothée Chalamet is nominated for an Oscar for his performance in Call Me By Your Name, but he’s already earned an important award in the hearts of countless fans for his impression of Matthew McConaughey.
In 2014, the 22-year-old actor played the younger version of Tom Cooper (the older version was played by McConaughey) in Interstellar. So basically, Chalamet was a miniature McConaughey.
At some point during the making of Interstellar, McConaughey left Chalamet a voicemail that Chalamet can now recite verbatim—because who wouldn’t do that if McConaughey called them and referred to himself as your “movie dad,” right?
Chalamet performed an impression of the voicemail to the folks at GQ, and it’s pretty spot on. Listeners can hear McConaughey’s accent seep into some of the words as Chalamet recites the 48-year-old actor’s words verbatim.
Four years ago, Matthew McConaughey left Timothée Chalamet a voicemail that the young actor admits he committed to memory. Here, now, a recitation. pic.twitter.com/T9w83yTCUH
— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) March 2, 2018
Fans on Twitter loved it.
Honestly this is incredible but who the hell memorizes a voicemail omfg. Also who the HELL doesn’t write back to McConaughey??
— kaletastrophe (@kaletastrophe) March 2, 2018
You obviously have more video content, RELEASE THE FOOTAGE
— t (@LibCdn) March 2, 2018
“Timothée Chal Chal Chalamet…” 😂
— Jessica Marie (@tyedie19) March 2, 2018
— nancy brook (@nancy_brook) March 2, 2018
Me being super happyyyyy cause @RealChalamet is my precious babe and #matthewmcconaughey is my favorite actor so far !!!! Side note: How can he be that smiley? I mean he smiles all the time and it’s soooo adorable !! pic.twitter.com/fAMH9UuB1V
— Just Timothée (@Chanou1309) March 2, 2018
Hopefully for Chalamet’s sake, he will continue to take after his “movie dad” and win the best actor award at the Oscars on Sunday.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.