- What the American Chopper meme taught us in 2018 10 Months Ago
- ‘Aquaman’ is a shallow but entertaining rehash of ‘Black Panther’ and ‘Thor’ 10 Months Ago
- Russia used every social media platform to disrupt 2016 election, Senate says 10 Months Ago
- Shane Dawson is the YouTuber of the year 10 Months Ago
- Alex Jones is still doing live broadcasts on Instagram Today 7:58 AM
- Save over $200 on the ‘DC Universe 10th Anniversary Collection’ Blu-ray set Today 7:51 AM
- Meet ‘Copy Shark,’ the stuffed shark scanned into a copier Today 7:43 AM
- Logan Paul is the worst YouTuber of the year Today 7:03 AM
- All the things Trump boasted about in 2018 that didn’t actually happen Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Freeform online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon Fire TV Cube: What You Need to Know Today 5:30 AM
- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
Timothée Chalamet can do an (inter)stellar impression of Matthew McConaughey
It might be his best performance yet.
Timothée Chalamet is nominated for an Oscar for his performance in Call Me By Your Name, but he’s already earned an important award in the hearts of countless fans for his impression of Matthew McConaughey.
In 2014, the 22-year-old actor played the younger version of Tom Cooper (the older version was played by McConaughey) in Interstellar. So basically, Chalamet was a miniature McConaughey.
At some point during the making of Interstellar, McConaughey left Chalamet a voicemail that Chalamet can now recite verbatim—because who wouldn’t do that if McConaughey called them and referred to himself as your “movie dad,” right?
Chalamet performed an impression of the voicemail to the folks at GQ, and it’s pretty spot on. Listeners can hear McConaughey’s accent seep into some of the words as Chalamet recites the 48-year-old actor’s words verbatim.
Four years ago, Matthew McConaughey left Timothée Chalamet a voicemail that the young actor admits he committed to memory. Here, now, a recitation. pic.twitter.com/T9w83yTCUH
— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) March 2, 2018
Fans on Twitter loved it.
Honestly this is incredible but who the hell memorizes a voicemail omfg. Also who the HELL doesn’t write back to McConaughey??
— kaletastrophe (@kaletastrophe) March 2, 2018
You obviously have more video content, RELEASE THE FOOTAGE
— t (@LibCdn) March 2, 2018
“Timothée Chal Chal Chalamet…” 😂
— Jessica Marie (@tyedie19) March 2, 2018
— nancy brook (@nancy_brook) March 2, 2018
Me being super happyyyyy cause @RealChalamet is my precious babe and #matthewmcconaughey is my favorite actor so far !!!! Side note: How can he be that smiley? I mean he smiles all the time and it’s soooo adorable !! pic.twitter.com/fAMH9UuB1V
— Just Timothée (@Chanou1309) March 2, 2018
Hopefully for Chalamet’s sake, he will continue to take after his “movie dad” and win the best actor award at the Oscars on Sunday.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.