- How to stream Manchester City vs. Tottenham Hotspur Friday 6:59 PM
- QAnon supporters claim they couldn’t sport Q attire at Trump rally Friday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Southampton vs. Liverpool Friday 4:55 PM
- See when and where your team plays: The 2019 NFL preseason schedule Friday 4:51 PM
- Twitter is testing a feature that would hide offensive DMs you receive Friday 4:19 PM
- How to stream Arsenal vs. Burnley Friday 4:15 PM
- The original ‘Four Weddings and a Funeral’ is now streaming on Netflix Friday 3:33 PM
- 2 anime series are translating the controversial phrase ‘lolicon’ to ‘pedophile’ Friday 3:25 PM
- This Four Loko hard seltzer is basically a meme in a can Friday 2:40 PM
- Pete Buttigieg says he’s not in favor of the DH in baseball Friday 2:40 PM
- Amazon’s plan to have warehouse workers defend it backfired beautifully (updated) Friday 2:06 PM
- Senator: Zuckerberg’s testimony ‘incomplete’ after Messenger transcription report Friday 1:18 PM
- The 8 best podcast apps you need to download for 2019 Friday 1:04 PM
- Scaramucci: Twitter gave me a temporary suspension for calling Trump fat Friday 12:54 PM
- Hosts of ‘Crime Junkie’ podcast accused of plagiarism, deleting episodes Friday 12:47 PM
Phil Mickelson joined Twitter this week both to promote his upcoming pay-per-view match against Tiger Woods and get in a few quick jabs at the expense of his longtime rival. Woods, naturally, clapped back.
Mickelson quickly got the hang of the social media platform—or at least, hired someone well versed in all things Twitter—by claiming to have this “Twitter thing down” and included a GIF of himself winking.
In his follow-up tweet, the PGA champion said he was excited to tee off at the Pro-Am at Northern Trust and to use his new account.
I am about to tee off in the Pro Am for the Northern Trust. Excited to start and excited to Tweet!— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) August 22, 2018
Not long after, Mickelson brought his love/hate relationship with Woods to an online forum by responding to Woods’ promotion of their Thanksgiving Weekend face-off in Las Vegas.
Lefty was quick to reply to Woods’ proclamation that “it’s on” by trash-talking and then pointing out the massive error in the photo promoting the event.
I bet you think this is the easiest $9M you will ever make😂— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) August 22, 2018
Oh, it’s definitely on.
Twitter users joined in with friendly fire tweets of their own.
Phils 1 up thru 0.— Robert Emerson (@PukkaE) August 22, 2018
Left handed driver? No wonder he's been struggling a bit with hitting fairways! 😝— Witty Designer (@DesignWitty) August 22, 2018
Finally Phil coming in clutch with the tweets!— Carson Joens (@CarsonJoens) August 22, 2018
Am I understanding this correctly that these two are going to trash talking, making prop bets, etc like a home game? Is this a dream?— 3Hour Golf (@paceofplayindex) August 23, 2018
This is like hitting a homer in your first at bat. Well done Lefty!— sal139 (@sal139) August 22, 2018
Turner Sports will produce the telecast of the event on Friday, Nov. 23, at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas. The winner will walk home away with $9 million, but probably more importantly, bragging rights.
H/T Washington Post
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.