- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories Thursday 12:14 PM
Phil Mickelson joined Twitter this week both to promote his upcoming pay-per-view match against Tiger Woods and get in a few quick jabs at the expense of his longtime rival. Woods, naturally, clapped back.
Mickelson quickly got the hang of the social media platform—or at least, hired someone well versed in all things Twitter—by claiming to have this “Twitter thing down” and included a GIF of himself winking.
In his follow-up tweet, the PGA champion said he was excited to tee off at the Pro-Am at Northern Trust and to use his new account.
I am about to tee off in the Pro Am for the Northern Trust. Excited to start and excited to Tweet!— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) August 22, 2018
Not long after, Mickelson brought his love/hate relationship with Woods to an online forum by responding to Woods’ promotion of their Thanksgiving Weekend face-off in Las Vegas.
Lefty was quick to reply to Woods’ proclamation that “it’s on” by trash-talking and then pointing out the massive error in the photo promoting the event.
I bet you think this is the easiest $9M you will ever make😂— Phil Mickelson (@PhilMickelson) August 22, 2018
Oh, it’s definitely on.
Twitter users joined in with friendly fire tweets of their own.
Phils 1 up thru 0.— Robert Emerson (@PukkaE) August 22, 2018
Left handed driver? No wonder he's been struggling a bit with hitting fairways! 😝— Witty Designer (@DesignWitty) August 22, 2018
Finally Phil coming in clutch with the tweets!— Carson Joens (@CarsonJoens) August 22, 2018
Am I understanding this correctly that these two are going to trash talking, making prop bets, etc like a home game? Is this a dream?— 3Hour Golf (@paceofplayindex) August 23, 2018
This is like hitting a homer in your first at bat. Well done Lefty!— sal139 (@sal139) August 22, 2018
Turner Sports will produce the telecast of the event on Friday, Nov. 23, at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas. The winner will walk home away with $9 million, but probably more importantly, bragging rights.
H/T Washington Post
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.