- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
Tiffany Haddish is officially the queen of being frugal. The Girls Trip breakout star and comedian made history when she appeared on Saturday Night Live in November as the first black woman comedian to host the late night show. During her opening monologue, she wore a $4,000 white Alexander McQueen dress that she had already sported on the red carpet for the Girls Trip premiere.
“I don’t give a dang about no taboo,” she explained. “I spent a lot of money on this dress. This dress cost way more than my mortgage. This dress is Alexander McQueen. It’s a $4,000 dress. I’m gonna wear this dress multiple times.”
She didn’t lie. The comedian showed up to the Oscars wearing the white dress to present the award for Best Short Live Action Film with Maya Rudolph—and everyone is here for it.
Tiffany Haddish meant what she said about her white dress. She’s getting EVERY cent worth out of it! #Oscars— ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ (@callmedollar) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Haddish is wearing the same white Alexander McQueen dress she wore on the red carpet for Girls Trip, and hosting SNL, a dress that cost more than her mortgage, and the one she vowed to wear again and again. "I don't give a dang about no taboo!" #Oscars pic.twitter.com/AErmQgkZFt— Cara Buckley (@caraNYT) March 5, 2018
TIFFANY HADDISH IS WEARING HER DRESS AGAIN pic.twitter.com/R67l0fJxd0— Meagan Hatcher-Mays (@importantmeagan) March 5, 2018
Go off and save money, Tiffany.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.