- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Tiffany Haddish is wearing the same dress everywhere—and the internet is here for it
Tiffany Haddish is officially the queen of being frugal. The Girls Trip breakout star and comedian made history when she appeared on Saturday Night Live in November as the first black woman comedian to host the late night show. During her opening monologue, she wore a $4,000 white Alexander McQueen dress that she had already sported on the red carpet for the Girls Trip premiere.
“I don’t give a dang about no taboo,” she explained. “I spent a lot of money on this dress. This dress cost way more than my mortgage. This dress is Alexander McQueen. It’s a $4,000 dress. I’m gonna wear this dress multiple times.”
She didn’t lie. The comedian showed up to the Oscars wearing the white dress to present the award for Best Short Live Action Film with Maya Rudolph—and everyone is here for it.
— Michelle Singletary (@SingletaryM) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Haddish meant what she said about her white dress. She’s getting EVERY cent worth out of it! #Oscars
— ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ (@callmedollar) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Haddish is wearing the same white Alexander McQueen dress she wore on the red carpet for Girls Trip, and hosting SNL, a dress that cost more than her mortgage, and the one she vowed to wear again and again. "I don't give a dang about no taboo!" #Oscars pic.twitter.com/AErmQgkZFt
— Cara Buckley (@caraNYT) March 5, 2018
TIFFANY HADDISH IS WEARING HER DRESS AGAIN pic.twitter.com/R67l0fJxd0
— Meagan Hatcher-Mays (@importantmeagan) March 5, 2018
Go off and save money, Tiffany.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.