- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners 12 Months Ago
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ 12 Months Ago
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative 12 Months Ago
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Today 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Today 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Today 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Today 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone is debating the number of towels you should own Today 10:47 AM
- How to unlock the Fortnite Prisoner stage 4 skin Today 10:45 AM
- Julian Assange reportedly nominated for Nobel Peace Prize Today 10:27 AM
- Major U.S. airlines will soon implement nonbinary gender options Today 10:21 AM
- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt Today 8:42 AM
- The Hatebook: Inside Facebook’s thriving subculture of racism Today 7:29 AM
- Anthony Hamilton’s national anthem at All-Star game sparks MVP meme Today 7:02 AM
Tiffany Haddish is wearing the same dress everywhere—and the internet is here for it
Tiffany Haddish is officially the queen of being frugal. The Girls Trip breakout star and comedian made history when she appeared on Saturday Night Live in November as the first black woman comedian to host the late night show. During her opening monologue, she wore a $4,000 white Alexander McQueen dress that she had already sported on the red carpet for the Girls Trip premiere.
“I don’t give a dang about no taboo,” she explained. “I spent a lot of money on this dress. This dress cost way more than my mortgage. This dress is Alexander McQueen. It’s a $4,000 dress. I’m gonna wear this dress multiple times.”
She didn’t lie. The comedian showed up to the Oscars wearing the white dress to present the award for Best Short Live Action Film with Maya Rudolph—and everyone is here for it.
— Michelle Singletary (@SingletaryM) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Haddish meant what she said about her white dress. She’s getting EVERY cent worth out of it! #Oscars
— ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ (@callmedollar) March 5, 2018
Tiffany Haddish is wearing the same white Alexander McQueen dress she wore on the red carpet for Girls Trip, and hosting SNL, a dress that cost more than her mortgage, and the one she vowed to wear again and again. "I don't give a dang about no taboo!" #Oscars pic.twitter.com/AErmQgkZFt
— Cara Buckley (@caraNYT) March 5, 2018
TIFFANY HADDISH IS WEARING HER DRESS AGAIN pic.twitter.com/R67l0fJxd0
— Meagan Hatcher-Mays (@importantmeagan) March 5, 2018
Go off and save money, Tiffany.
Sarah Jasmine Montgomery is a Daily Dot contributor whose writing and criticism cover all things pop culture, with an emphasis on how communities of color impact physical and digital cultural spaces. Her writing and photography have also appeared in Texas Monthly, the Fader, Complex, and Billboard.