- How to stream the 2019 Stanley Cup for free 4 Years Ago
- Swipe This! My needy coworker won’t stop texting me 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘The Hot Zone’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Witness the wholesome magic of inter-generational conversations on r/AskOldPeople 4 Years Ago
- How to watch Paramount Network online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
She wrote the post early Thursday morning.
In a Tumblr post on Thursday morning, Taylor Swift announced that her mom has been diagnosed with cancer. Although she didn’t disclose any details regarding her mom’s condition, Swift said her mother felt it was necessary for her daughter to share the information with her followers.
The 25-year-old writes:
She wanted you to know because your parents may be too busy juggling everything they’ve got going on to go to the doctor, and maybe you reminding them to go get checked for cancer could possibly lead to an early diagnosis and an easier battle… Or peace of mind in knowing that they’re healthy and there’s nothing to worry about. She wanted you to know why she may not be at as many shows this tour. She’s got an important battle to fight.
Thank you for caring about my family so much that she would want me to share this information with you. I hope and pray that you never get news like this.
You can read the note in its entirety here.
She also tweeted out the link to the Tumblr post.
Just so you know…
— Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) April 9, 2015
Our thoughts are with the Swift family at this time.
Screengrab via TaylorSwiftVEVO/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.