- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 2 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Today 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Last month, when Taylor Swift released Reputation single, “Gorgeous,” fans carefully calculated theory after theory about the lucky baby’s identity that gets featured at the beginning of the track.
Some fans guessed Swift found a video of her younger self saying “gorgeous” and included it in the track. Others took a more sensational approach and hypothesized that Swift was pregnant—or, already had a child in secret—and was hinting at a big surprise. There were also plenty of celebrity baby guesses, as well.
I CANT SLEEP I NEED IT RIGHT NOW WHO’S THE BABY IS IT YOUR GODSON LEO IS JAIME KING THERE TOO OMG!!!!! #Gorgeous— Fadhil Helmi (@fadhilxt) October 19, 2017
I BELIVE THAT THE SONG STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION WITH MAMA SWIFT AND BABY TAYLOR AND THE WORD GORGEOUS DROPS AND THE BEAT STARTS #gorgeous— Anna ✨ (@whenitwasmagic) October 19, 2017
When the album dropped at midnight, so did the album booklet and it revealed the identity of the infamous baby voice: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold’s 2-year-old son, James.
While the booklet serves as an official confirmation from Swift, the baby’s identity had already become public knowledge after fans who attended Swift’s secret listening sessions revealed the news earlier in November. Other fans correctly guessed, as well.
wait the baby voice in gorgeous is blake and ryan's kid I can't believe I— maggie (@LIZIEMAXIMOFF) October 21, 2017
Something just made me smile hey you people! The baby voice at the beginning of Gorgeous is of Blake and Ryan's daughter 🙂— Marwah // REPUTATION (@ProsaicBeing) October 21, 2017
Taylor was with Blake and Ryan at the beach and was playing gorgeous for them on her guitar, and then their daughter, James, kept saying “gorgeous” over and over— jess (@jessxtn) November 10, 2017
.. so Taylor was like, “could i use that?” and the intro was born
OKAY SO taylor has a baby picture of her in her kitchen and blake and ryan’s daughter thought it was her and she kept saying gorgeous so taylor made it into a voice memo and used it for the song!!! (at least that’s what she told us)— lexputation (@thedramalovesme) November 10, 2017
remember when this one SS was like 'OMG YOU GUYS AREN'T GONNA BELIEVE WHO'S THE BABY VOICE IN GORGEOUS' and it was just Blake & Ryan's child— britney spears is the princess of pop (@insthezone) October 22, 2017
The news doesn’t come as a surprise—Swift and Lively have been good friends since 2015, often appearing on each other’s social media and publically supporting one another’s projects.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.