- ‘Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ is a transcendent, lesbian period romance 2 Years Ago
- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out 2 Years Ago
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 2 Years Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives 2 Years Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook Today 11:33 AM
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
Last month, when Taylor Swift released Reputation single, “Gorgeous,” fans carefully calculated theory after theory about the lucky baby’s identity that gets featured at the beginning of the track.
Some fans guessed Swift found a video of her younger self saying “gorgeous” and included it in the track. Others took a more sensational approach and hypothesized that Swift was pregnant—or, already had a child in secret—and was hinting at a big surprise. There were also plenty of celebrity baby guesses, as well.
I CANT SLEEP I NEED IT RIGHT NOW WHO’S THE BABY IS IT YOUR GODSON LEO IS JAIME KING THERE TOO OMG!!!!! #Gorgeous— Fadhil Helmi (@fadhilxt) October 19, 2017
I BELIVE THAT THE SONG STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION WITH MAMA SWIFT AND BABY TAYLOR AND THE WORD GORGEOUS DROPS AND THE BEAT STARTS #gorgeous— Anna ✨ (@whenitwasmagic) October 19, 2017
When the album dropped at midnight, so did the album booklet and it revealed the identity of the infamous baby voice: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold’s 2-year-old son, James.
While the booklet serves as an official confirmation from Swift, the baby’s identity had already become public knowledge after fans who attended Swift’s secret listening sessions revealed the news earlier in November. Other fans correctly guessed, as well.
wait the baby voice in gorgeous is blake and ryan's kid I can't believe I— maggie (@LIZIEMAXIMOFF) October 21, 2017
Something just made me smile hey you people! The baby voice at the beginning of Gorgeous is of Blake and Ryan's daughter 🙂— Marwah // REPUTATION (@ProsaicBeing) October 21, 2017
Taylor was with Blake and Ryan at the beach and was playing gorgeous for them on her guitar, and then their daughter, James, kept saying “gorgeous” over and over— jess (@jessxtn) November 10, 2017
.. so Taylor was like, “could i use that?” and the intro was born
OKAY SO taylor has a baby picture of her in her kitchen and blake and ryan’s daughter thought it was her and she kept saying gorgeous so taylor made it into a voice memo and used it for the song!!! (at least that’s what she told us)— lexputation (@thedramalovesme) November 10, 2017
remember when this one SS was like 'OMG YOU GUYS AREN'T GONNA BELIEVE WHO'S THE BABY VOICE IN GORGEOUS' and it was just Blake & Ryan's child— britney spears is the princess of pop (@insthezone) October 22, 2017
The news doesn’t come as a surprise—Swift and Lively have been good friends since 2015, often appearing on each other’s social media and publically supporting one another’s projects.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.