- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form 3 Years Ago
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ 3 Years Ago
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Today 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Today 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Today 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Today 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Today 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Today 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Today 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Today 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
That ‘Stranger Things’–’Parks and Recreation’ reunion finally happened, and it was adorable
‘You just missed the craziest of crazies.’
The internet’s new favorite father-son duo finally had the family reunion they deserve.
After fans finished binge-watching Stranger Things, they traded plenty of theories. But one of the more persistent pieces of parental guesswork was even more convincing than R+L=J: S+N=J-R. Stranger Things’ Steven Harrington (Joe Keery) looked so much like Parks and Recreation’s Jean-Ralphio (Ben Schwartz) that it couldn’t just be a coincidence. Steven and Nancy had Jean-Ralphio and they were raised by Steve’s brother Dr. Saperstein along with his daughter Mona Lisa and changed Jean-Ralphio’s name to protect him.
For a theory based almost completely on looks, it had ample evidence. Sure, they might take place in two completely different eras, in different universes and on different networks (and one of them has already ended), but there’s a lot to look at. They both take place in Indiana, Steve and Jean-Ralphio don’t just look alike, they act similarly, and it’s certainly possible that Pawnee is another alternate universe a la the Upside Down. It even has some support from Schwartz himself.
With its internet-breaking potential at an all-time high, Schwartz and Keely finally met and shared some lovable, if odd father-son moments.
A video posted by Ben Schwartz (@rejectedjokes) on
Now we have just one question: Where was Nancy in all of this?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.