- Netflix will remove controversial disaster footage from ‘Bird Box’ Sunday 4:04 PM
- J.K. Rowling’s latest ‘Fantastic Beasts’ reveal is bringing the memes Sunday 3:01 PM
- President Trump calls for government agencies to ‘look into’ ‘Saturday Night Live’ Sunday 12:18 PM
- How to stream Michael Conlan vs. Ruben Garcia Hernandez for free Sunday 11:00 AM
- ‘Pet Sematary’ is a bloodless remake of a Stephen King classic Sunday 10:50 AM
- Here’s the Marvel movie order list you didn’t know you needed Sunday 9:59 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on weed? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Billions’ season 4 for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- If you’re not using Vudu, you’re missing out Sunday 6:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp Sunday 5:30 AM
- ‘The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley’ tries to get a read on Elizabeth Holmes Saturday 1:57 PM
- ‘Band Together with Logic’ shows us the best of the Internet Saturday 1:32 PM
- How to watch Spence vs. Garcia online Saturday 12:00 PM
- Far-right Australian politician gets egged by teen on video Saturday 11:28 AM
- Inside the solar-powered van that’s recording your favorite bands Saturday 10:48 AM
That ‘Stranger Things’–’Parks and Recreation’ reunion finally happened, and it was adorable
‘You just missed the craziest of crazies.’
The internet’s new favorite father-son duo finally had the family reunion they deserve.
After fans finished binge-watching Stranger Things, they traded plenty of theories. But one of the more persistent pieces of parental guesswork was even more convincing than R+L=J: S+N=J-R. Stranger Things’ Steven Harrington (Joe Keery) looked so much like Parks and Recreation’s Jean-Ralphio (Ben Schwartz) that it couldn’t just be a coincidence. Steven and Nancy had Jean-Ralphio and they were raised by Steve’s brother Dr. Saperstein along with his daughter Mona Lisa and changed Jean-Ralphio’s name to protect him.
For a theory based almost completely on looks, it had ample evidence. Sure, they might take place in two completely different eras, in different universes and on different networks (and one of them has already ended), but there’s a lot to look at. They both take place in Indiana, Steve and Jean-Ralphio don’t just look alike, they act similarly, and it’s certainly possible that Pawnee is another alternate universe a la the Upside Down. It even has some support from Schwartz himself.
With its internet-breaking potential at an all-time high, Schwartz and Keely finally met and shared some lovable, if odd father-son moments.
A video posted by Ben Schwartz (@rejectedjokes) on
Now we have just one question: Where was Nancy in all of this?
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.