- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
In new behind-the-scenes footage published online, Steve-O shares his passion for animals and finds himself searching the streets of Peru to find his new best friend.
The 43-year-old actor bought pounds of dog food and approached dozens of dogs and tried to befriend them. Most of the dogs seemed mostly disinterested until he met Wendy. The sleeping pooch awoke to the sound of kibble and it was love at first sight.
“Right away, we had a total connection,” he said.
The incredibly heartwarming video documents Steve-O and Wendy’s first few days together. After he left her to go into the studio to film, he was greeted by her and a slew of dogs. He tried to sneak her into the hotel, gave her a bath, and ended up sleeping with her inside a tent after hotel security asked Wendy to vacate the premises.
Fans love the story.
Steve-O from jack ass fell in love with a street dog in Peru and took her to the vet and gave her and bath and is bringing her back to LA with him and this is so goals I love Steve-O so much— Jarret Dunham (@JarretDunham) January 19, 2018
I just saw a short video where steve-o adopted a random street dog in Peru, slept outside with it when it wasn't allowed in the hotel, and proceeded to go on a crazy mountain climbing expedition with his new dog and I realized that is everything I want in my life.— Garrett Matamoros (@Garrettmatam) January 19, 2018
@steveo Hey Steve-O you're looking great, and healthy. Love you for giving the chance of a lifetime to a street dog. There's nothing sweeter than the love between a dog and a human.— Just Joe (@human_pronoun) January 19, 2018
Dude, thats so awesome. I'm Peruvian but live in LA. When I visited last year I really wanted to take a dog back. Literally every street dog I met was super chill and approachable! Thank you so much for giving her a home and companion!— Diego Alonso (@dc14peruano) January 19, 2018
Wendy has now courageously made her first visit to the vet and lives on set with Steve-O. He said he’s even already booked her a flight home to LA.
Looks like Wendy has found her furr-ever home.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.