- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 1 Year Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
Shawn Mendes released his new single “In My Blood” at midnight Thursday, after a week of theories from frenzied fans.
That anticipation turned to emotion early this morning as the Mendes Army churned over the single, which will appear on Mendes’ upcoming third album. Sensing some sort of heartbreak has occurred, the group hug began. The timeline has also been filling up with reaction videos. So many hands over mouths.
— Shawn Mendes (@ShawnMendes) March 21, 2018
— beameeeee (@beamkarnchanit) March 22, 2018
Mendes Army be like:
00:01 "Help me…" pic.twitter.com/joWdfFANRc
— Multifandom 🌚 (@Multifanland) March 22, 2018
— sophia♡ (@sophia_darlings) March 22, 2018
— Selina (@selinawgnr_) March 22, 2018
Mendes got his start on Vine, and became so popular he was given a deal with Island Records. In 2014 his debut EP hit No. 1 on iTunes in less than an hour, after a massive social push by fans. It looks like a similar push is happening with “In My Blood.” In one promo, Mendes teased March 22 and 23, so fans are still anticipating another release.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.