- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
To celebrate, Seth Rogen—who co-wrote the movie and appeared as Officer Michaels—went on a Twitter roll on Thursday in which he dropped many pertinent trivia facts about one of his most celebrated films.
Superbad turns 10 today, which makes Mclovin 35 I think.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
Some Superbad trivia for its ten year anniversary. I don't assume anyone cares that much but why not:— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
Rogen was wrong about that. In fact, plenty of people cared.
Danny Mcbride is an extra in the background of the first party scene in Superbad.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
Damn he was just there chilling the whole time and I never realized it pic.twitter.com/zAU0fhQsHc— Jacob Dean Bethke (@jacobbethke) August 18, 2017
Almost all the names in Superbad are people we went to high school with and lots of the stuff in the movie really happened to us.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
The period blood on the leg scene in Superbad actually happened to my friend at a high school dance and we discovered it after the dance.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
Just like in Superbad, Mike Snider actually was the first guy to get a fake ID and it was awesome.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
My good friend @mrDaveKrumholtz came up with the title Superbad while we were smoking weed at the oakwood— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
During the MPAA screenings of Superbad they said we were the first movie to say "fingerfuck"— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
The end house party in Superbad was filmed about half a block from the OJ murder house.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
My mother came up with the joke that Mclovin gets arrested for statutory rape at the end of Superbad.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
(As we learned recently, Rogen’s mother is no stranger to sex jokes).
And perhaps the most important fact of all for a phrase that was all the rage in the early 2010s.
The cast of Jersey Shore confirmed to me that the phrase "D.T.F" or "Down To Fuck" is from Superbad.— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) August 18, 2017
People in his Twitter mentions practically begged for Rogen to repeat the exercise on the 10th anniversary of Pineapple Express. Will that happen? You’ll just have to wait until Aug. 6, 2018.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.