- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram 2 Years Ago
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
‘Sesame Street’ nails this ‘Orange Is the New Black’ parody
Millennials are having kids, and you know what that means—children’s TV is about to pivot hard toward ’90s kids.
It seems like the writers might have a little more wiggle room now that the show is at HBO. The five-minute clip teaches kids to stay open minded about trying new foods, with just enough meta TV references to keep parents from zoning out. The Muppets are hanging out in school uniforms instead of prison ones, but new girl Piper Snackman still needs to figure out where to sit. Also: Snackman is a funny name.
“We’ve got time for snacks,” croons a faux Regina Spektor in the opening credits.
“We always have cookies, that is our snack,” rasps Red, suspiciously eyeing an orange.
The show has come a long way from the Elmo’s World theme song.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.