- YouTuber allegedly filmed himself abusing and killing his cat Sunday 5:49 PM
- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Sunday 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Sunday 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Sunday 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Sunday 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Sunday 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Sunday 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
Singer Sara Bareilles celebrates her BFF with a ‘Golden Girls’ duet
Thank you for being a friend.
Whatever you’re going through—may it be a hard breakup or an awesome life achievement—it’s a whole lot better and definitely more fun when you’ve got your closest friend by your side.
Singer Sara Bareilles—who recently came out with Sounds Like Me, a book she wrote detailing her ups and downs with her songwriting process—certainly agrees. As part of a book-slash-music tour, Bareilles surprised the crowd gathered Tuesday night at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California, with special guest Mona Tavakoli, drummer for Raining Jane, an all-female rock-folk band that recently collaborated and went on tour with Jason Mraz.
Bareilles and Tavakoli, IRL best friends, readily regaled the audience with an a cappella duet to the tune of The Golden Girls theme song.
Although short and sweet, their performance of the iconic tune was well-harmonized, super goofy, and ultimately perfect in every way. Here’s a longer snippet for you to enjoy:
Thank you, girls, for today’s dose of best friendship goals.
Screengrab via Lawrence Buccat/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.