- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Singer Sara Bareilles celebrates her BFF with a ‘Golden Girls’ duet
Thank you for being a friend.
Whatever you’re going through—may it be a hard breakup or an awesome life achievement—it’s a whole lot better and definitely more fun when you’ve got your closest friend by your side.
Singer Sara Bareilles—who recently came out with Sounds Like Me, a book she wrote detailing her ups and downs with her songwriting process—certainly agrees. As part of a book-slash-music tour, Bareilles surprised the crowd gathered Tuesday night at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California, with special guest Mona Tavakoli, drummer for Raining Jane, an all-female rock-folk band that recently collaborated and went on tour with Jason Mraz.
Bareilles and Tavakoli, IRL best friends, readily regaled the audience with an a cappella duet to the tune of The Golden Girls theme song.
Although short and sweet, their performance of the iconic tune was well-harmonized, super goofy, and ultimately perfect in every way. Here’s a longer snippet for you to enjoy:
Thank you, girls, for today’s dose of best friendship goals.
Screengrab via Lawrence Buccat/YouTube
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.