- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
After a long silence on his social media accounts, Sam Smith has returned with a cryptic message fans are hoping means new music is on the way.
Smith updated the profile photos of all his social media accounts with a simple image: the word “repairing,” written in a flowing hand.
The word lines up with Smith’s announcement that was taking a break from social media after the 2016 Oscars. He also told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview last November that in order to write another album, he needed time to actually have the experiences first. “My music is so personal and I need to live my life,” he said. “I basically need to kiss some more boys so I can write some songs.”
Smith also had surgery on his vocal cords in May 2015 after he suffered a hemorrhage. He played a total of 80 shows around the world in 2015, missing 17 because of the recovery time required.
Smith spoke of taking a full year off in the Ellen interview, but if this is a teaser for something new, it’s only been 10 months. Either he’s kissed enough boys, or he wants fans to know he isn’t quite mended yet.
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.