- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
YouTube star Rosanna Pansino cooks up music video for ‘Perfect Together’
Indulge your sweet tooth.
“I’m a romantic at heart, so I wanted it to be a romantic song,” Pansino told the Daily Dot. “And I love food, so I wanted to have food involved. A food love song.”
Pansino hosted a Valentine’s-themed launch party at YouTube Space L.A. on Friday, complete with candy hearts and a chocolate fountain, and played the video for fans and friends, some of whom made cameos in the Beauty and the Beast-inspired video. Pansino said she started the writing process with fellow YouTuber Kurt Hugo Schneider, who helped her develop what she described as a “really sweet, simple acoustic love song.”
This is not Pansino’s first time singing, but it’s definitely a departure from her Nerdy Nummies cooking show, which earned her 3.3 million subscribers and a spot as one of the three original YouTubers the platform promoted with an offline ad campaign last year.
“I’ve always been interested in music,” Pansino said. “In high school, I did a lot of musical theater, and I loved it. When I started creating my content, the first thing I made was a baking series. That did really well, my community really responded to that. I sing a little bit in videos, at the end of vlogs. A lot of my fans started requesting that I do a song. They started planting this seed in me.”
Pansino emphasized her family-friendly nature extends to her music, giggling over a lyric that she deemed racy. (“‘If you were hot cocoa, I’d be the winter night you stay in.’ That’s the only racy one!”)
“We like to make content that’s family-friendly,” she said. “The same with music. I like to make music that feels good, that I can listen to with my mom and dad. I don’t think you’ll see me swinging on a wrecking ball any time soon! But if I do, that will be a day! My dad might have a heart attack.”
Worst-case scenario, you’ll get a nasty toothache from all the sweetness in “Perfect Together,” so Pansino has nothing to worry about.
Screengrab via Rosanna Pansino/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.