- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Saturday 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Saturday 8:00 AM
SHOUT OUT TO MiCHAEL JORDAN & THE JORDAN BRAND THiS iS A PROTO TYPE OF THE NEW NEON iCON RiFF RAFF JORDAN’S THAT WiLL BE A LiMiTED EDiTiON SHOE DROPPiNG iN CHAMPS, FOOT LOCKER, FOOT ACTiON & FLiGHT CLUB SUMMER OF 2015 FOR $750 AND COMES WiTH AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF MY PEACH PANTHER & THE PURPLE PANTHER ALBUM
A sneaker collaboration makes perfect sense for Riff Raff. His biggest hit to date is 2014’s “Tip Toe Wing in My Jawwdinz,” which helped push his album to No. 4 on Billboard’s rap charts.
What’s strange—or maybe not considering Riff Raff’s history of online trolling—is that when Hip Hop Wired reached out to Jordan Brand for confirmation, the company denied the collaboration, stating, “At this time there are currently no plans for this shoe or a collaboration with this individual.”
Not to be deterred, over the weekend Riff Raff posted a link to an eBay auction containing the purported “Neon Icon Proto Type Aquaberry Air Jordan” sneakers. While the shoes look suspiciously like a custom painted pair of Jordan Vs—or perhaps even a Photoshop—bids on the auction, which began at $1, reached as high as $1 million before Riff Raff canceled the listing.
It’s unclear whether the million-dollar bid was real, or if the rapper is just perpetrating another elaborate hoax. The auction is back at a $1 bid but the potential to own the Aquaberry Air Jordans has thrown the Internet into a tizzy. On a related note, Riff Raff is also offering to be your prom date for just $28,000.
Judging by the buzz the auction created, maybe Jordan Brand should consider pairing up with the “Rap Game Martha Stewart.”
Image via eBay
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.