- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app 5 Years Ago
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go 5 Years Ago
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater 5 Years Ago
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Today 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Today 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Today 12:35 PM
- A total guide to bone conduction headphones, plus our recommendations Today 12:34 PM
- Disney+ goes down on launch day Today 11:52 AM
- Anna Kendrick and Bill Hader shine in Disney+ Christmas movie ‘Noelle’ Today 11:52 AM
- What to do if you’ve lost your AirPods charging case Today 11:42 AM
- Stephen Miller’s racist emails leak Today 11:20 AM
- Why was parody Twitter account Seinfeld2000 suspended? Today 11:06 AM
- Ed Sheeran lookalike trolls YouTubers at KSI-Logan Paul fight Today 10:21 AM
- ‘The World According to Jeff Goldblum’ is for stans only Today 9:28 AM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ live-action redesign is a marked improvement Today 9:01 AM
SHOUT OUT TO MiCHAEL JORDAN & THE JORDAN BRAND THiS iS A PROTO TYPE OF THE NEW NEON iCON RiFF RAFF JORDAN’S THAT WiLL BE A LiMiTED EDiTiON SHOE DROPPiNG iN CHAMPS, FOOT LOCKER, FOOT ACTiON & FLiGHT CLUB SUMMER OF 2015 FOR $750 AND COMES WiTH AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF MY PEACH PANTHER & THE PURPLE PANTHER ALBUM
A sneaker collaboration makes perfect sense for Riff Raff. His biggest hit to date is 2014’s “Tip Toe Wing in My Jawwdinz,” which helped push his album to No. 4 on Billboard’s rap charts.
What’s strange—or maybe not considering Riff Raff’s history of online trolling—is that when Hip Hop Wired reached out to Jordan Brand for confirmation, the company denied the collaboration, stating, “At this time there are currently no plans for this shoe or a collaboration with this individual.”
Not to be deterred, over the weekend Riff Raff posted a link to an eBay auction containing the purported “Neon Icon Proto Type Aquaberry Air Jordan” sneakers. While the shoes look suspiciously like a custom painted pair of Jordan Vs—or perhaps even a Photoshop—bids on the auction, which began at $1, reached as high as $1 million before Riff Raff canceled the listing.
It’s unclear whether the million-dollar bid was real, or if the rapper is just perpetrating another elaborate hoax. The auction is back at a $1 bid but the potential to own the Aquaberry Air Jordans has thrown the Internet into a tizzy. On a related note, Riff Raff is also offering to be your prom date for just $28,000.
Judging by the buzz the auction created, maybe Jordan Brand should consider pairing up with the “Rap Game Martha Stewart.”
Image via eBay
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.