- Redditor wants to know if he’s the a**hole for ghosting pregnant partner Thursday 8:19 PM
- How to go live on TikTok Thursday 8:08 PM
- Joey Salads suggests Democrats carried out Santa Clarita mass shooting Thursday 7:31 PM
- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- How to watch Disney+ on a smart TV Thursday 6:28 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- How to get Disney+ bundle if you already subscribe to Hulu and/or ESPN+ Thursday 5:19 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- How to sign up for Disney Plus Thursday 2:55 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr, fake texts and real cabin porn
From cabin porn to ugly babies, the Daily Dot reblogs the week on Tumblr.
This week on Tumblr, we hated on babies, discovered that cabin porn is a thing, and that Ryan Gosling hasn’t trademarked the phrase “oh girl” yet.
So close that “Texts from Bennett” tab and dig into Reblog, the Daily Dot’s take on the Internet’s fun house—Tumblr.
On Thursday our suspicions were raised when singer Mac Lethal grabbed the Web’s attention twice in a day. First, he hit it big with his pancake-themed performance of Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now.”
Then we found out that he’s also behind “Texts from Bennett,” a Tumblr with snapshots allegedly between Mac and his ghetto cousin, Bennett. The Statler and Waldorf’s of the Internet, i.e. redditors, said this was too good to be true, as did we.
Our meme-debunking noses were right, as The Smoking Gun confirmed that the Tumblr’s a fake and should be sent to Internet jail. The texts are written by Lethal, whose real name is Dan Sheldon. So, we all had our fun for the week.
If you’re feeling dirty from witnessing that atrocity, cleanse your eyes with beautiful pictures of cabins! “Free Cabin Porn” is a Tumblr that showcases serene, bucolic cabins from around the world.
So, let’s end this week with something sassy—Oooh Girl, a “public service blog for bitches who ain’t know how to get dressed.” We’re on board already. The awesome illustrations are done by two friends, with captions that are not in the least bit helpful for anyone fashionable. To paraphrase a line from the blog, keep your tights on your legs and not anywhere else this chilly weekend.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.