- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
Reblog: This week on Tumblr, fake texts and real cabin porn
From cabin porn to ugly babies, the Daily Dot reblogs the week on Tumblr.
This week on Tumblr, we hated on babies, discovered that cabin porn is a thing, and that Ryan Gosling hasn’t trademarked the phrase “oh girl” yet.
So close that “Texts from Bennett” tab and dig into Reblog, the Daily Dot’s take on the Internet’s fun house—Tumblr.
On Thursday our suspicions were raised when singer Mac Lethal grabbed the Web’s attention twice in a day. First, he hit it big with his pancake-themed performance of Chris Brown’s “Look at Me Now.”
Then we found out that he’s also behind “Texts from Bennett,” a Tumblr with snapshots allegedly between Mac and his ghetto cousin, Bennett. The Statler and Waldorf’s of the Internet, i.e. redditors, said this was too good to be true, as did we.
Our meme-debunking noses were right, as The Smoking Gun confirmed that the Tumblr’s a fake and should be sent to Internet jail. The texts are written by Lethal, whose real name is Dan Sheldon. So, we all had our fun for the week.
If you’re feeling dirty from witnessing that atrocity, cleanse your eyes with beautiful pictures of cabins! “Free Cabin Porn” is a Tumblr that showcases serene, bucolic cabins from around the world.
So, let’s end this week with something sassy—Oooh Girl, a “public service blog for bitches who ain’t know how to get dressed.” We’re on board already. The awesome illustrations are done by two friends, with captions that are not in the least bit helpful for anyone fashionable. To paraphrase a line from the blog, keep your tights on your legs and not anywhere else this chilly weekend.
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.