- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free 10 Months Ago
- Prada’s racist toys pulled from shelves after social media backlash 10 Months Ago
- How to watch the Camellia Bowl online for free 10 Months Ago
- How to watch the Las Vegas Bowl online for free Today 8:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Rayo Vallecano online for free Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Runaways’ season 2 expands its universe and mysteries Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch the Cure Bowl online for free Today 7:05 AM
- How to watch Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding for free Today 7:00 AM
- Politicians who inspired the internet in 2018 Today 6:30 AM
- Here are all the college bowl games on TV today Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the New Mexico Bowl online for free Today 5:15 AM
- How to watch the Celebration Bowl online for free Today 4:55 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. Werder Bremen online for free Today 3:00 AM
- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
Its trilogy of awards is the real hat trick.
The Oscars are Sunday, which means now is the best time to passionately debate the merits of pop stars-turned-war heroes and well-endowed fish-men. But as you wait to see which films the Academy deems the best of the year, you can whet your appetite with the results from Friday night’s Golden Raspberry Awards—Razzies for short—where The Emoji Movie cleaned up the coveted trilogy of worst screenplay, worst director, and worst film.
The success of The Emoji Movie shouldn’t be surprising, especially since it originally debuted with a 0 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes (it’s currently at 9 percent).
The film—which stars James Corden, Anna Faris, Christina Aguilera, Sofía Vergara, and many more—faced steep competition this year from terrible sequels and big-budget reboots that predictably hemorrhaged money. For example: Fifty Shades Darker, Baywatch, and The Mummy all won awards Friday night, while the extremely divisive mother! and the not-so-divisive at all Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales went home empty-handed.
See the full list of Razzie winners below:
WORST PICTURE: The Emoji Movie
WORST ACTRESS: Tyler Perry / BOO! 2: A Medea Halloween
WORST ACTOR: Tom Cruise / The Mummy
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Mel Gibson / Daddy’s Home 2
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kim Basinger / Fifty Shades Darker
WORST SCREEN COMBO: Any Two Obnoxious Emojis / The Emoji Movie
WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL: Fifty Shades Darker
WORST DIRECTOR: Anthony (Tony) Leondis / The Emoji Movie
RAZZIE/ROTTEN TOMATOES AWARD: THE RAZZIE NOMINEE SO BAD YOU LOVED IT!: Baywatch
WORST SCREENPLAY: The Emoji Movie, Screenplay by Tony Leondis, Eric Siegel & Mike White
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.