- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
Project Youngin, an up-and-coming rapper from Florida, is reportedly recovering from gunshot wounds apparently suffered in the middle of an Instagram Live update. The 25-year-old rapper, whose real name is Rasheed Jamaal Hall, posted the video to his account on Sunday.
The St. Petersburg native recorded the video inside a car while his new single played in the background. In the clip, the rapper counts $100 bills while boasting that his new song will drop soon. That’s when things apparently took a turn for the awful.
Here’s what transpired next, according to XXL magazine:
Youngin was filming himself previewing a song from an unreleased new mixtape titled Thug Souljas. He can be seen in the circulated footage singing along, counting $100 bills and discussing the project when gunshot sounds fire, at which point he appears to drop the camera.
“This song right now though, y’all gon’ get that,” he says. “It’s on the way. It’s comin’. Yeah, that shit comin’. Y’all already know, man. Thug Souljas on the way, man. That’s how we rockin’, man.”
Project Youngin can be heard coughing off camera while the stream ends abruptly.
The Daily Mail notes that Project Youngin’s team posted a brief update to Twitter yesterday, stating: “Thank you everyone for your prayers. We will let you know about Project Youngins condition soon – PY team.”
Youngin’s current condition is unknown but one of his friends, Foolio, posted this message to his Instagram account:
Youngin was allegedly shot in Broward County, the same area where rapper XXXTentacion was gunned down back in June.
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.