- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok 5 Years Ago
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood 5 Years Ago
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Today 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Today 1:29 PM
- Drake booed offstage by Frank Ocean fans Today 1:17 PM
- Trump says he’s meeting with vaping industry as administration readies new rules Today 12:42 PM
- Everything you need to know about Google Reverse Image Search Today 12:29 PM
- Hong Kong police caught on live stream shooting protester Today 12:26 PM
- Twitter proposes adding warnings to tweets with deepfakes Today 10:43 AM
- Dak Prescott’s pregame warmup becomes an instant meme Today 10:40 AM
- lhan Omar baselessly accused of anti-Semitism for billionaires tweet Today 10:15 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard wants Hillary Clinton to retract her Russia accusations Today 9:24 AM
- 21 stoner gift ideas that don’t involve buying weed Today 9:13 AM
- PayPal and Venmo’s anti-terrorism regulations are causing headaches for average businesses Today 9:06 AM
- Consumers claim the Apple Card is sexist Today 8:44 AM
A fan then brought up Cher, who famously refuses to let age dim her love for sequins, fishnets, and extravagant formalwear.
To which Cher replied:
Twitter is indeed a marvelous place. Where else would you get to witness Cher arguing with a British journalist about her right to wear fishnet stockings?
Throughout the evening, Piers Morgan also tweeted about the recent L.A.P.D. shooting, which made for a bizarre juxtaposition with his public insults of a woman’s clothing choices. It was a pure, textbook example of a man offering his unsolicited opinion on the Internet.
Thankfully, Twitter monarch Cher came out as the clear winner here. Cher, we salute your always-appropriate emoji usage.
IM BEING BURIED IN MY FISHNETS‼️
— Cher (@cher) March 2, 2015
Photo via David Carroll/Wikimedia Commons (CC BY-SA 2.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor