- Hailey Bieber denies shading Selena Gomez with ‘I’ll Kill You’ Instagram post Wednesday 7:46 PM
- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Wednesday 2:07 PM
Here’s how much your favorite YouTube celebrity’s tweets are worth
Some of last year’s most influential YouTubers are earning very little on their Twitter following.
Think your tweets are worth money? Ever wonder who much your favorite digital celebrity is making for those #ads in your feed? A new calculator can help demystify the world of paid Twitter content.
In honor of Twitter’s 10th anniversary, Webfluential, a platform for social influencers to monetize their channels, launched a free a calculator that analyzes just how much anyone should be paid for a sponsored tweet. The algorithm focuses on geolocation, follower count, and the resonance of your existing tweets.
While the science is imperfect for hyperinfluencers like YouTube stars, who might combine Twitter campaigns with other platforms, if you ever wondered how much they might make when they’re promoting an app or an event, this calculator can help. We ran the analysis on our 12 most influential YouTubers of last year to see who’s got the most earning potential.
5.11 million followers
$15,895-$19,430 per tweet
$225-$275 per tweet
1.01 million followers
$3,035-$3,710 per tweet
$685 – $835 per tweet
Sam and Nia
$60-$75 per tweet
$260-$320 per tweet
7.19 million followers
$22,750-$27,805 per tweet
$15-$20 per tweet
$2,120-$2,590 per tweet
$835-$1,020 per tweet
$730 – $890 per tweet
$45-$55 per tweet
It’s a wide range, and some of YouTube’s most influential don’t replicate their reach on Twitter the same way they do on other platforms. However, big stars like Tyler Oakley or PewDiePie are clear winners in the sponsored Twitter race, and that’s no surprise. Either way, even a few sponsored tweets can help tip the checkbooks of YouTube’s most influential each month, if they’re open to it.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.