- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 4 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Today 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
The mature version of “The Muppets” will cover a range of topics from sex to drugs. Miss Piggy came out as a pro-choice feminist during an MSNBC interview. The puppet characters loved by kids in the 1970s and 1980s and beyond are now weighing in on abortion and promiscuity.
ABC hopes children watch the show and predict they would enjoy some of the humor, but 1MM would disagree. It is not the show it once was. ABC has ruined “The Muppets.” How many parents want to explain the punchline of sexually charged jokes to young children?
Many parents unknowingly will let their children watch an episode only to find out its perverted nature too late, unless they are alerted ahead of time. 1MM and others need to get the word out to families to avoid this program at all costs. Please forward this to everyone you know!
Meanwhile, parents will have to explain to confused children that the program they once were allowed to watch is no longer a nice show. This would have been completely unnecessary if ABC had made the program follow its original family-friendly design.
Yes, the promo for this new version of The Muppet Show has been a little weird. Fans have already had a meltdown over the breakup of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and lobbed sexist insults at Kermit’s new love interest, Denise. Sure, there’s a promo where Miss Piggy comments on Nathan Fillion’s butt and makes out with Topher Grace. She’s Miss Piggy, and this is 2015. And perhaps this new series is aiming for an older audience.
When the show debuts on Sept. 22, the choice to let kids watch will ultimately be up to the parents, and ratings will decide if the show stays on the air. If anything, this outrage will probably make more people want to tune in.
But 1MM took credit for getting Sex Box off the air, so you never know.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.