- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ 4 Years Ago
- ‘Game of Thrones’ fulfilled a twisted version of its biggest prophecy Today 8:17 AM
- Minions memes are more popular than the far-right on Telegram Today 7:35 AM
- ‘Best of Nextdoor’ reveals the true insanity of modern life Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Jeopardy’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- There’s a water bottle hiding in the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:46 AM
- What happens to Disney’s Loki TV series after ‘Avengers: Endgame’? Today 6:30 AM
- Brienne writing Jaime’s history is the best meme from the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 6:25 AM
- How to stream live TV on PlayStation 4 Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Disney XD online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
One Million Moms is not happy about the new ‘sexually charged’ Muppets
‘It is not the show it once was.’
The mature version of “The Muppets” will cover a range of topics from sex to drugs. Miss Piggy came out as a pro-choice feminist during an MSNBC interview. The puppet characters loved by kids in the 1970s and 1980s and beyond are now weighing in on abortion and promiscuity.
ABC hopes children watch the show and predict they would enjoy some of the humor, but 1MM would disagree. It is not the show it once was. ABC has ruined “The Muppets.” How many parents want to explain the punchline of sexually charged jokes to young children?
Many parents unknowingly will let their children watch an episode only to find out its perverted nature too late, unless they are alerted ahead of time. 1MM and others need to get the word out to families to avoid this program at all costs. Please forward this to everyone you know!
Meanwhile, parents will have to explain to confused children that the program they once were allowed to watch is no longer a nice show. This would have been completely unnecessary if ABC had made the program follow its original family-friendly design.
Yes, the promo for this new version of The Muppet Show has been a little weird. Fans have already had a meltdown over the breakup of Kermit and Miss Piggy, and lobbed sexist insults at Kermit’s new love interest, Denise. Sure, there’s a promo where Miss Piggy comments on Nathan Fillion’s butt and makes out with Topher Grace. She’s Miss Piggy, and this is 2015. And perhaps this new series is aiming for an older audience.
When the show debuts on Sept. 22, the choice to let kids watch will ultimately be up to the parents, and ratings will decide if the show stays on the air. If anything, this outrage will probably make more people want to tune in.
But 1MM took credit for getting Sex Box off the air, so you never know.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.