- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest 1 Year Ago
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal 1 Year Ago
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg 1 Year Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
- How a Barron Trump time traveling conspiracy keeps going viral Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! Will I be happier if I quit social media? Today 6:30 AM
- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
The first ‘Ocean’s 8’ trailer plans the mother of all heists
The first trailer for Ocean’s 8, the all-female spinoff of the Ocean’s 11 franchise, is here and these women have set their eyes on the jewel of all heists.
Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett are the masterminds behind the plan to steal a $150 million—not $100 million as they initially believe—necklace from Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway) at the annual Met Gala.
Though they don’t need as many people as Danny Ocean did for his first feature heist, they’re assembling their own super team of cons, liars, and thieves to pull it off. Mindy Kaling’s character can make jewelry, Rihanna is the hacker, Helena Bonham Carter is the fashion designer, Awkwafina is the thief, and Sarah Paulson is getting pulled back in after swearing it off completely. (And for some reason James Corden is randomly thrown into the mix of this trailer.)
With a team up like this, how could they fail?
Ocean’s 8 will be released in theaters June 8, 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.