- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
The first ‘Ocean’s 8’ trailer plans the mother of all heists
The first trailer for Ocean’s 8, the all-female spinoff of the Ocean’s 11 franchise, is here and these women have set their eyes on the jewel of all heists.
Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett are the masterminds behind the plan to steal a $150 million—not $100 million as they initially believe—necklace from Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway) at the annual Met Gala.
Though they don’t need as many people as Danny Ocean did for his first feature heist, they’re assembling their own super team of cons, liars, and thieves to pull it off. Mindy Kaling’s character can make jewelry, Rihanna is the hacker, Helena Bonham Carter is the fashion designer, Awkwafina is the thief, and Sarah Paulson is getting pulled back in after swearing it off completely. (And for some reason James Corden is randomly thrown into the mix of this trailer.)
With a team up like this, how could they fail?
Ocean’s 8 will be released in theaters June 8, 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.