- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
The first ‘Ocean’s 8’ trailer plans the mother of all heists
The first trailer for Ocean’s 8, the all-female spinoff of the Ocean’s 11 franchise, is here and these women have set their eyes on the jewel of all heists.
Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett are the masterminds behind the plan to steal a $150 million—not $100 million as they initially believe—necklace from Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway) at the annual Met Gala.
Though they don’t need as many people as Danny Ocean did for his first feature heist, they’re assembling their own super team of cons, liars, and thieves to pull it off. Mindy Kaling’s character can make jewelry, Rihanna is the hacker, Helena Bonham Carter is the fashion designer, Awkwafina is the thief, and Sarah Paulson is getting pulled back in after swearing it off completely. (And for some reason James Corden is randomly thrown into the mix of this trailer.)
With a team up like this, how could they fail?
Ocean’s 8 will be released in theaters June 8, 2018.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.