- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Today 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Today 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Today 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Today 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Today 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Today 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
- This college student made a movie trailer to tease her boyfriend, and Twitter can’t get enough (updated) Saturday 3:13 PM
- ‘Kappa Delta Crypto’ aims to break stereotypes in five-minute Snapchat episodes Saturday 2:29 PM
- Two iPhone X customers are suing Apple over screen size Saturday 1:18 PM
- Secretary Ryan Zinke is out at the Department of the Interior Saturday 12:03 PM
- How to watch the New Orleans Bowl online for free Saturday 10:25 AM
On Wednesday, an official told the Daily Beast they are “ready to go with an arrest,” but did not specify which case they were referring to. The NYPD is allegedly looking into five separate allegations against Weinstein, including Lucia Evans, who was interviewed for Ronan Farrow’s New Yorker report in October, and actress Paz de la Huerta, who claims Weinstein assaulted her twice. NYPD Chief Robert Boyce said in a press conference Wednesday that they “have a lot of information, we have people who are getting ready to go to grand jury.”
The NYPD is reportedly just waiting on approval from Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance, who declined to file charges against Weinstein in 2015 after model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez wore a wire and captured Weinstein admitting to past inappropriate behavior, as well as apologizing for touching her breasts—a story detailed in Farrow’s piece. Vance defended that decision, claiming they didn’t have enough evidence to charge Weinstein.
The Los Angeles District Attorney is also investigating five allegations against Weinstein.
Vance’s office declined comment.
H/T the Daily Beast
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.