- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Netflix continues to pump out A-list projects, this time teaming up with Ryan Reynolds and Michael Bay for a blockbuster action thriller called 6 Underground. The movie, which debuts on Netflix on Dec. 13, has been shrouded in secrecy, but today’s announcement and accompanying trailer bring the project into sharper focus.
6 Underground doesn’t look like much of a departure for Bay. Deadline reports that it will follow a half-dozen people who are great at what they do and want to escape their past. Judging by the trailer, what they do and how they escape will involve guns, car chases, attractive women, explosions, and “the world’s largest magnet.”
Reynolds, of course, leads the group, and is just as mysterious, troubled, and quippy as you would expect a Reynolds leading man to be. The cast will also include Mélanie Laurent (Inglourious Basterds), Corey Hawkins (BlacKkKlansman), Adria Arjona (Triple Frontier), and Dave Franco (Now You See Me), among others.
Never one to pass up a good trolling opportunity, Reynolds promoted 6 Underground this morning by tweeting a photo of a Netflix DVD envelope with the caption, “Warm up those DVD players because we’re coming to a mailbox near you, December 13th!”
6 Underground reunites Reynolds with Deadpool executive producers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Judging by the trailer and Reynolds’ announcement tweet, it seems that the film will aim for the same blend of snark and action that made Deadpool a massive hit.
- Ryan Reynolds nails the bottle cap challenge—sort of
- Is Deadpool’s R rating under threat at Disney?
- Ryan Reynolds goes scary deep into method acting for ‘Detective Pikachu’
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.