- Who is Cletus Kasady, Woody Harrelson’s character in ‘Venom 2’? Today 7:00 AM
- What is biometric data? Today 6:30 AM
- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
Netflix continues to pump out A-list projects, this time teaming up with Ryan Reynolds and Michael Bay for a blockbuster action thriller called 6 Underground. The movie, which debuts on Netflix on Dec. 13, has been shrouded in secrecy, but today’s announcement and accompanying trailer bring the project into sharper focus.
6 Underground doesn’t look like much of a departure for Bay. Deadline reports that it will follow a half-dozen people who are great at what they do and want to escape their past. Judging by the trailer, what they do and how they escape will involve guns, car chases, attractive women, explosions, and “the world’s largest magnet.”
Reynolds, of course, leads the group, and is just as mysterious, troubled, and quippy as you would expect a Reynolds leading man to be. The cast will also include Mélanie Laurent (Inglourious Basterds), Corey Hawkins (BlacKkKlansman), Adria Arjona (Triple Frontier), and Dave Franco (Now You See Me), among others.
Never one to pass up a good trolling opportunity, Reynolds promoted 6 Underground this morning by tweeting a photo of a Netflix DVD envelope with the caption, “Warm up those DVD players because we’re coming to a mailbox near you, December 13th!”
6 Underground reunites Reynolds with Deadpool executive producers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Judging by the trailer and Reynolds’ announcement tweet, it seems that the film will aim for the same blend of snark and action that made Deadpool a massive hit.
- Ryan Reynolds nails the bottle cap challenge—sort of
- Is Deadpool’s R rating under threat at Disney?
- Ryan Reynolds goes scary deep into method acting for ‘Detective Pikachu’
Brenden Gallagher is a politics reporter and cultural commentator. His work has been published by Motherboard, Complex, and VH1. He’s the co-founder of Beer Money Films, an indie production company. Based in Los Angeles, he works in television drama as a writers assistant.