- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free 4 Years Ago
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 4 Years Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
Miss Piggy’s talk show takes off in this first look at the new Muppets show
Judging by this 10-minute teaser, the new adult-rated Muppets show is already perfect.
The new Muppets show, a reality-style documentary series following all your favorite Muppets characters behind the scenes, already looks ridiculously awesome,
This 10-minute video was shown at San Diego Comic-Con, a quasi pilot episode filmed to persuade the network that an adult Muppets mockumentary could work—and it totally does. It has everything you could want from the Muppets—drama between Kermit and Miss Piggy; callbacks to previous movies; and moments of real emotion depicted by silly puppet characters. It also gently makes fun of a few reality TV cliches without being too heavy-handed.
The new series begins in September and is framed as a behind-the-scenes documentary about a late-night talk show hosted by Miss Piggy. This show-within-a-show concept will delve into the Muppets’ personal lives when they’re not starring in movies—including, as we’ve already seen in this video, the perils of interspecies dating.
Screengrab via ABC Television Network/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor