Did the voters get it right?
During Sunday’s pre-show for the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, pop outfit Fifth Harmony claimed the night’s opening Moonman. And despite Drake‘s perennial radio dominance, more than 15 million users voted online and endorsed their Fetty Wap-assisted “All In My Head (Flex).”
The victory trumped some giant seasonal nominees:
- The Chainsmokers (featuring Halsey) — “Closer”
- Drake (featuring Kyla and Wizkid) — “One Dance”
- Selena Gomez — “Kill Em with Kindness”
- Calvin Harris (featuring Rihanna) — “This Is What You Came For”
- Nick Jonas (featuring Ty Dolla Sign) — “Bacon”
- Kent Jones — “Don’t Mind”
- Major Lazer (featuring Justin Bieber and MØ) — “Cold Water”
- Sia — “Cheap Thrills”
- Justin Timberlake — “Can’t Stop the Feeling!”
On Twitter, the upset victory became an instant top-10 trending topic in the U.S.
You can stream the VMAs Sunday night over at MTV.com.
Pure, uncut internet. Straight to your inbox.