- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants 6 Years Ago
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted 6 Years Ago
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? 6 Years Ago
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site 6 Years Ago
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
Here’s a cure for your winter blues.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
In a gray winter with considerably less range than 50 shades, it’s sometimes hard to find a reason to perk up. That’s something best left to spring, when the sap runs, the birds twitter, the worm turns … sorry, going emo again there.
The absurdist-inspirational Tumblr Un Gif Dans Ta Gueule has the cure to the winter blahs for you, in one sweet, simple, and resonant image. Color Pipes is a rainbow of pipes set against dull concrete against a blank sky. At first nothing seems to be happening. Then, suddenly, a burst of color, of inspiration, and then another and another. And suddenly out the top pops a multicolored confetti, a shower of chromatic joy.
A simple pleasure, perhaps, but a pleasure nonetheless!
GIF via Un Gif Dans Ta Gueule/Tumblr
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.