- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
The pop star filmed the paparazzi snapping pictures of her as she walked her dogs.
Apparently, the difference between a stalker and the paparazzi is that stalkers harass ordinary people, whereas paparazzi stick to celebrities.
This week, Miley Cyrus gave the Internet a horrifying view of paparazzo behavior when she posted video of a creepy-looking older gentleman who (according to Cyrus’ commentary) parked in a handicapped spot before jumping out of his car and repeatedly running a few yards ahead to photograph Cyrus as she and her fiance walked her dogs through a residential neighborhood.
Cyrus originally posted the video to her Pheed account with the following introduction:
“In reply to the photos of me attempting to take my dogs on a walk while a man I’ve never seen before harassed me… All for your entertainment I suppose. Hope this is enlightening. Not to mention he was driving around in a “handicap” vehicle recklessly while I walk in a neighborhood full of children praying he doesn’t hit a small child or one of my dogs… Lost 2 already this year, don’t wanna go through that again.”
Cyrus’ exasperation with the paparazzi is nothing new; earlier this month she tweeted in support of Justin Bieber, after a would-be photographer died in a car accident while trying to snap candid pictures of Bieber.
A similar sense of exasperation likely motivated Cyrus to videotape the as-yet unidentified photographer.
“Isn’t it fun, being filmed while you’re on a walk?” Cyrus sarcastically says inn the video. “Never seen this middle-aged man before in my life. If you’re any other 20-year-old woman and you’re on a walk, and this sketchy—”
The video, and Cyrus’s commentary, cut off there.
Though originally uploaded to her Pheed account, the was re-posted many times on YouTube, mainly by those sympathetic to Cyrus.
“Imagine if any other middle aged creep was running along in front of a 20 year old girl taking creepy pics like this!” wrote a commenter on one such YouTube reposting. “The cops would be called immediately.”
Screengrab via YouTube
Jennifer Abel was an early contributor to the Daily Dot's web culture coverage. Her work has appeared in Mashable, Salon, Playboy, the Guardian, and elsewhere.