- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
McKayla Maroney knows that Dr. Larry Nassar is a serial abuser who has preyed on young athletes, as the U.S. gymnast is one of 140 who say he has sexually abused them. Unfortunately, that’s all she can tell us.
Chrissy Teigen wants to change that.
Maroney is bound by a non-disclosure agreement with USA Gymnastics, the U.S. Olympic Committee, and Michigan State University to stay quiet on the details as part of a $1.5 million settlement she received in 2016 for coming forward. She faces a $100,000 fine for revealing them. But as Nassar is set to face stories from many of his victims this week, Teigen says she’ll happily cover the legal cost of justice and truth for Maroney to speak out at his sentencing. The disgraced doctor has pleaded guilty and faces seven counts of sexual misconduct.
“The entire principle of this should be fought—an NDA to stay quiet about this serial monster with over 140 accusers, but I would be absolutely honored to pay this fine for you, McKayla,” Teigen tweeted on Tuesday.
The entire principle of this should be fought - an NDA to stay quiet about this serial monster with over 140 accusers, but I would be absolutely honored to pay this fine for you, McKayla. pic.twitter.com/lsBEgEqZpD— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) January 16, 2018
“This behavior is completely unacceptable, disgusting, and abusive, especially coming from someone whom I was TOLD to trust,” she wrote.
Aly Raisman, another Olympics standout who became a star in London 2012, said facing Nassar in court would be too traumatic. The doctor faces life in prison.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.