- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings 3 Years Ago
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend 3 Years Ago
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV Today 5:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
Vimeo’s new online store will include ‘Mad Men,’ ‘Orange Is the New Black’
Lionsgate partners to sell its catalog in a Hollywood first.
The companies announced the deal Tuesday, saying that the new service officially debut Oct. 18 at Mipcom in Cannes, France. Lionsgate stated that the deal covers most of its nearly 80-series catalog, including titles like Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Casual, and The Royals, and that movie titles will be added to the library following its launch.
The deal marks the first time a Hollywood studio has partnered with a service to exclusively launch a store this way. The titles will be available on Vimeo both in the U.S. and in over 150 countries worldwide.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.