- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war 1 Year Ago
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge 1 Year Ago
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Today 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Today 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Today 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Today 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Today 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Today 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation (updated) Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell Today 10:18 AM
Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones geek out with ‘Game of Thrones’ watch party
Last year Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones watched an episode of Game of Thrones, which showed us the pure joy of watching the show with Jones as she live-tweets it. They finally got together again to watch “The Spoils of War,” but this time they’re joined by someone who knows a thing or two about what’s going on in Westeros.
Neither of them had seen the episode, so they settled in with plenty of snacks and witty commentary. (Apparently, Jones has seen a lot of people with Bran’s vacant stare.) Jones has thoughts on just about every character and loved that Stark reunion as much as you did, and she’s even able to contextualize Westeros’ major players in a modern-day setting. Varys, for instance, is “like the girlfriend that you don’t know if she really your homegirl or not.”
But Meyers had a reason to ask Jones about Varys. Shortly after she stopped talking about Varys, he surprised her with Varys himself (Conleth Hill dressed as his Game of Thrones character) to watch the rest of the episode with them. And just because she’s watching an episode of Game of Thrones with one of the actors doesn’t mean she’ll hold back. Varys doesn’t reveal all, of course, but he can explain himself without the threat of being burned alive. He also sticks up for his fellow Eunuch Theon Greyjoy.
If Varys makes it to season 8, we hope they return to watch another episode together. They’ve got a lot to work out.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.