- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones geek out with ‘Game of Thrones’ watch party
‘All Eunuchs stick together.’
Last year Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones watched an episode of Game of Thrones, which showed us the pure joy of watching the show with Jones as she live-tweets it. They finally got together again to watch “The Spoils of War,” but this time they’re joined by someone who knows a thing or two about what’s going on in Westeros.
Neither of them had seen the episode, so they settled in with plenty of snacks and witty commentary. (Apparently, Jones has seen a lot of people with Bran’s vacant stare.) Jones has thoughts on just about every character and loved that Stark reunion as much as you did, and she’s even able to contextualize Westeros’ major players in a modern-day setting. Varys, for instance, is “like the girlfriend that you don’t know if she really your homegirl or not.”
But Meyers had a reason to ask Jones about Varys. Shortly after she stopped talking about Varys, he surprised her with Varys himself (Conleth Hill dressed as his Game of Thrones character) to watch the rest of the episode with them. And just because she’s watching an episode of Game of Thrones with one of the actors doesn’t mean she’ll hold back. Varys doesn’t reveal all, of course, but he can explain himself without the threat of being burned alive. He also sticks up for his fellow Eunuch Theon Greyjoy.
If Varys makes it to season 8, we hope they return to watch another episode together. They’ve got a lot to work out.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.