- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Today 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Today 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones geek out with ‘Game of Thrones’ watch party
Last year Seth Meyers and Leslie Jones watched an episode of Game of Thrones, which showed us the pure joy of watching the show with Jones as she live-tweets it. They finally got together again to watch “The Spoils of War,” but this time they’re joined by someone who knows a thing or two about what’s going on in Westeros.
Neither of them had seen the episode, so they settled in with plenty of snacks and witty commentary. (Apparently, Jones has seen a lot of people with Bran’s vacant stare.) Jones has thoughts on just about every character and loved that Stark reunion as much as you did, and she’s even able to contextualize Westeros’ major players in a modern-day setting. Varys, for instance, is “like the girlfriend that you don’t know if she really your homegirl or not.”
But Meyers had a reason to ask Jones about Varys. Shortly after she stopped talking about Varys, he surprised her with Varys himself (Conleth Hill dressed as his Game of Thrones character) to watch the rest of the episode with them. And just because she’s watching an episode of Game of Thrones with one of the actors doesn’t mean she’ll hold back. Varys doesn’t reveal all, of course, but he can explain himself without the threat of being burned alive. He also sticks up for his fellow Eunuch Theon Greyjoy.
If Varys makes it to season 8, we hope they return to watch another episode together. They’ve got a lot to work out.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.