- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
Women love the new Dadbod craze, but the men who actually have the body type probably love it even more. After all, they no longer have to adhere to society’s expectations of what the ideal male body should look like.
Kristen Schaal is quick to praise the men for their newfound victory, including actual dad Jon Stewart. But also notes that this wave of body positivity is only going one way, in that moms are still being held to ridiculously high beauty standards.
“We’re all having a great belly laugh!” she said. “The guys are. If a woman had a belly they would not let her on that show.”
In truth, Schaal is totally right: while dadbods are currently being celebrated, many have pointed out that there’s no female equivalent of the trend, or “mombod.” In fact, women are still under enormous pressure to shed their baby weight immediately after giving birth.
For the time being, however, Schaal gets her revenge by making Stewart “shake what your mama gave you that you didn’t take care of for 50 years.” The result is all sorts of strange and wonderful.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.