- ‘The Politician’ is a dark and cynical answer to ‘Glee’ 1 Year Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Ozark’ beat ‘Game of Thrones’ in 2 major Emmy categories Today 6:37 AM
- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
Kim Kardashian is an expert when it comes to managing the limelight. Her lifestyle empire of branded products is perennially successful in part because her otherworldly fame stays grounded in relatable moments. Like how unpleasant and tricky it is to take a family photo.
Late Wednesday she shared a good one. But rather than framing the photo as an airbrushed celebration of her diverse, healthy, and happy family, Kardashian got real in the caption: “I don’t think you really understand how hard it is to take a good family pic. This was all we got before all three kids started crying. I think I cried too.”
I don’t think you really understand how hard it is to take a good family pic. This was all we got before all three kids started crying. I think I cried too pic.twitter.com/BPABMliaU5— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 4, 2018
The candor was so refreshing that it sparked a long chain of replies, jolting the tweet into a verified Twitter Moments slideshow.
Hahahahaha!!! My 4 year old perfect looking school pictures actually have the hidden teacher at the bottom holding her feet down 😂😂— KC (@Kandy1love) April 5, 2018
Twitter users even had some good advice for Kardashian and her gang.
“I started telling my three kids that if they all smile at the camera we only have to take one picture….it surprisingly works! And of course the baby can do whatever they want and will be adorable!” Bethany De Paz wrote after seeing Kardashian’s family. “Also, your family pic turned out adorable.”
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.