- Trump tells 4 congresswomen of color to go back to the countries they came from Sunday 4:56 PM
- Fans would like to see Andrea Arnold’s cut of ‘Big Little Lies’ Sunday 3:49 PM
- Disney’s new ‘Star Wars’ series had a budget the size of ‘Game of Thrones” final season Sunday 2:54 PM
- Uh-oh, we’re one step closer to having a robot army Sunday 2:20 PM
- Scarlett Johansson says she should be allowed to ‘play any person, or any tree, or any animal’ Sunday 1:06 PM
- Popular YouTube time traveler reveals true identity Sunday 11:46 AM
- Now that Disney is in charge, streaming service FX+ is on its way out Sunday 10:36 AM
- The Dairy Queen employee who made the viral marijuana cake instead of a ‘Moana’ one was fired Sunday 8:39 AM
- The fallacy of Amazon Prime Day: An argument for ignoring it completely Sunday 7:10 AM
- Will Black Cat ever get her own movie? Sunday 7:00 AM
- Why is QAnon so obsessed with taking down cults? Sunday 6:30 AM
- Inside the technology helping ICE deport immigrants Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your Netflix and porn addictions are contributing to global warming Saturday 5:42 PM
- Florida woman charged with a felony after posting video of daughter licking medical supplies Saturday 4:29 PM
- People are laughing at the 12% of men who think they can beat Serena Williams in tennis Saturday 3:02 PM
Kim Kardashian is an expert when it comes to managing the limelight. Her lifestyle empire of branded products is perennially successful in part because her otherworldly fame stays grounded in relatable moments. Like how unpleasant and tricky it is to take a family photo.
Late Wednesday she shared a good one. But rather than framing the photo as an airbrushed celebration of her diverse, healthy, and happy family, Kardashian got real in the caption: “I don’t think you really understand how hard it is to take a good family pic. This was all we got before all three kids started crying. I think I cried too.”
I don’t think you really understand how hard it is to take a good family pic. This was all we got before all three kids started crying. I think I cried too pic.twitter.com/BPABMliaU5— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 4, 2018
The candor was so refreshing that it sparked a long chain of replies, jolting the tweet into a verified Twitter Moments slideshow.
Hahahahaha!!! My 4 year old perfect looking school pictures actually have the hidden teacher at the bottom holding her feet down 😂😂— KC (@Kandy1love) April 5, 2018
Twitter users even had some good advice for Kardashian and her gang.
“I started telling my three kids that if they all smile at the camera we only have to take one picture….it surprisingly works! And of course the baby can do whatever they want and will be adorable!” Bethany De Paz wrote after seeing Kardashian’s family. “Also, your family pic turned out adorable.”
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.