- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Photo via U.S. Army/Flickr (CC-BY)
‘Are you f**king kidding me?’
He is an American publicity stunt.
Kid Rock‘s been publicly flirting with a run for the United States Senate since the summer, but the stunt came to its logical conclusion on Tuesday when the singer admitted to Howard Stern that it was just a promo for his upcoming album, Sweet Southern Sugar. “Fuck no, I’m not running for Senate,” he told the host. “Are you fucking kidding me? Who fucking couldn’t figure that out?”
— Stern Show (@sternshow) October 24, 2017
In the current suspended reality show we call American politics, Kid Rock’s potential run was mostly laughed off but some people took it seriously because he was doing things like starting a non-profit for voter registration and getting support from the governor of New York. He opened a merch store over the summer, but people quickly pointed out that links went back to the Warner Bros. site.
Kid Rock just released the video for single “Tennessee Mountain Top,” in which a raccoon does a keg stand and smokes weed.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.