- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
Khloe Kardashian’s Halloween pics raise questions about her rumored pregnancy
The celebrity rumor mill has been ignited by photos of Khloe Kardashian and boyfriend Tristan Thompson, after their Game of Thrones couples costume did little to confirm or deny rumblings that the reality star is pregnant.
The pair stepped out for Halloween Tuesday night in coordinated Daenerys and Khal Drogo getups, but the layered fabrics and swaths of blonde hair ended up obscuring most fans’ biggest area of interest at the moment: Kardashian’s torso. If the rumors are to be believed, Kardashian should be about four months pregnant, a stage that might not yet include the popped-out, super noticeable visual cues people usually associate with a pregnancy.
To the untrained eye, a partially revealing costume might be an easy case-closed. No bump, no fetus. But with the family who helped bring makeup tricks like contouring to the mainstream, fans know how to spot an illusion.
“Did they even watch got?!” wrote one commenter. “Dany never wore furs or armor😂😂”
And that inconsistency may hold some big clues. While Kardashian’s cosplay does a lot of work to look revealing, it doesn’t actually reveal much of her silhouette. The oversized fur boots cover most of her legs, making it difficult to compare to a “before” picture. Same for her top half, with a huge fur cape draped over her iron-clad shoulder and obscuring her waist. Long hair is typically considered slimming for the face, and Kardashian’s got it down to her belly button for this look. Also: Note the loosely hanging belt that just happens to dangle right where a baby bump might leave a crease in your fabric. Nothing points directly to “PREGNANCY,” but if someone in this family truly wanted to dispel a rumor, wouldn’t they have traditionally been… less vague? Worn a bathing suit to the beach? Thousands of Instagram commenters seemed confused.
“I came here looking for a baby bump😠,” wrote one user.
“And ppl say she’s pregnant!!” wrote another. “Lol. Shyt well if she is lucky her. She looks great.”
News spread last month of youngest sister Kylie Jenner’s reported pregnancy, which is when People first reported that Khloe is also apparently expecting her first child (sister Kim has confirmed that she is definitely, separately expecting a baby with husband Kanye West through a surrogate). Since then, Us Weekly has received confirmation from one source that Khloe and Thompson are expecting a boy.
For a family that’s traditionally on top of press, they seem to be enjoying the vagueness of these swirling rumors.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.