- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars 1 Year Ago
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Today 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Today 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Today 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Today 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
Khloe Kardashian’s Halloween pics raise questions about her rumored pregnancy
The celebrity rumor mill has been ignited by photos of Khloe Kardashian and boyfriend Tristan Thompson, after their Game of Thrones couples costume did little to confirm or deny rumblings that the reality star is pregnant.
The pair stepped out for Halloween Tuesday night in coordinated Daenerys and Khal Drogo getups, but the layered fabrics and swaths of blonde hair ended up obscuring most fans’ biggest area of interest at the moment: Kardashian’s torso. If the rumors are to be believed, Kardashian should be about four months pregnant, a stage that might not yet include the popped-out, super noticeable visual cues people usually associate with a pregnancy.
To the untrained eye, a partially revealing costume might be an easy case-closed. No bump, no fetus. But with the family who helped bring makeup tricks like contouring to the mainstream, fans know how to spot an illusion.
“Did they even watch got?!” wrote one commenter. “Dany never wore furs or armor😂😂”
And that inconsistency may hold some big clues. While Kardashian’s cosplay does a lot of work to look revealing, it doesn’t actually reveal much of her silhouette. The oversized fur boots cover most of her legs, making it difficult to compare to a “before” picture. Same for her top half, with a huge fur cape draped over her iron-clad shoulder and obscuring her waist. Long hair is typically considered slimming for the face, and Kardashian’s got it down to her belly button for this look. Also: Note the loosely hanging belt that just happens to dangle right where a baby bump might leave a crease in your fabric. Nothing points directly to “PREGNANCY,” but if someone in this family truly wanted to dispel a rumor, wouldn’t they have traditionally been… less vague? Worn a bathing suit to the beach? Thousands of Instagram commenters seemed confused.
“I came here looking for a baby bump😠,” wrote one user.
“And ppl say she’s pregnant!!” wrote another. “Lol. Shyt well if she is lucky her. She looks great.”
News spread last month of youngest sister Kylie Jenner’s reported pregnancy, which is when People first reported that Khloe is also apparently expecting her first child (sister Kim has confirmed that she is definitely, separately expecting a baby with husband Kanye West through a surrogate). Since then, Us Weekly has received confirmation from one source that Khloe and Thompson are expecting a boy.
For a family that’s traditionally on top of press, they seem to be enjoying the vagueness of these swirling rumors.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.