- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash 2 Years Ago
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor 2 Years Ago
- Paul Ryan’s self-serving farewell tour is the bane of the internet right now 2 Years Ago
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ renewed for seasons 3 and 4 2 Years Ago
- Former NASA engineer dupes package thieves into opening this epic glitter bomb 2 Years Ago
- Trump officials withheld abortion from raped migrant teen Today 10:21 AM
- Your favorite Twitter memes could be hiding malware Today 9:47 AM
- This ‘Sailor Moon’ game brings us back to the ’90s in the best way Today 9:36 AM
- Teacher who said holidays are ‘difficult’ gets heartwarming surprise from students Today 9:14 AM
- Fox News blames ‘weaponized’ social media for Tucker Carlson backlash Today 9:09 AM
- Report: Black women receive way more abusive tweets than white women Today 8:34 AM
- Roger Stone to publicly apologize for spreading lies on InfoWars Today 8:13 AM
- Netflix true crime series ‘The Innocent Man’ is a missed opportunity Today 7:31 AM
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server? Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch National Geographic online for free Today 7:30 AM
Kate McKinnon brings back her Jeff Sessions ‘SNL’ impression for ‘Late Night’
Saturday Night Live’s summer hiatus means that we’ll have to wait a few months to see any of the gaffes and shenanigans from the Trump administration played out by the cast, but luckily Kate McKinnon brought back one of her hit impressions to show us what we’re missing.
While her impression of Kellyanne Conway may have gotten more attention, her praised impression of Attorney General Jeff Sessions was less obvious casting. As she explained to Seth Meyers, it was a chance for her to finally use a facial expression she discovered she could do.
“It began as a joke pitch, and then it just sort of happened,” she said. “And what I noticed was that he has this funny little mouth and I could always do this thing with my lip.”
Even though she didn’t have to watch Sessions’ testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, she found plenty that she could use to riff off with her impression, invoking everything from soap dispensers to the sound of cicadas.
H/T The Daily Beast
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.