- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free 2 Years Ago
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
Kate McKinnon brings back her Jeff Sessions ‘SNL’ impression for ‘Late Night’
Saturday Night Live’s summer hiatus means that we’ll have to wait a few months to see any of the gaffes and shenanigans from the Trump administration played out by the cast, but luckily Kate McKinnon brought back one of her hit impressions to show us what we’re missing.
While her impression of Kellyanne Conway may have gotten more attention, her praised impression of Attorney General Jeff Sessions was less obvious casting. As she explained to Seth Meyers, it was a chance for her to finally use a facial expression she discovered she could do.
“It began as a joke pitch, and then it just sort of happened,” she said. “And what I noticed was that he has this funny little mouth and I could always do this thing with my lip.”
Even though she didn’t have to watch Sessions’ testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, she found plenty that she could use to riff off with her impression, invoking everything from soap dispensers to the sound of cicadas.
H/T The Daily Beast
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.