- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
Kate McKinnon brings back her Jeff Sessions ‘SNL’ impression for ‘Late Night’
Saturday Night Live’s summer hiatus means that we’ll have to wait a few months to see any of the gaffes and shenanigans from the Trump administration played out by the cast, but luckily Kate McKinnon brought back one of her hit impressions to show us what we’re missing.
While her impression of Kellyanne Conway may have gotten more attention, her praised impression of Attorney General Jeff Sessions was less obvious casting. As she explained to Seth Meyers, it was a chance for her to finally use a facial expression she discovered she could do.
“It began as a joke pitch, and then it just sort of happened,” she said. “And what I noticed was that he has this funny little mouth and I could always do this thing with my lip.”
Even though she didn’t have to watch Sessions’ testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, she found plenty that she could use to riff off with her impression, invoking everything from soap dispensers to the sound of cicadas.
H/T The Daily Beast
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.