- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Kate McKinnon brings back her Jeff Sessions ‘SNL’ impression for ‘Late Night’
Saturday Night Live’s summer hiatus means that we’ll have to wait a few months to see any of the gaffes and shenanigans from the Trump administration played out by the cast, but luckily Kate McKinnon brought back one of her hit impressions to show us what we’re missing.
While her impression of Kellyanne Conway may have gotten more attention, her praised impression of Attorney General Jeff Sessions was less obvious casting. As she explained to Seth Meyers, it was a chance for her to finally use a facial expression she discovered she could do.
“It began as a joke pitch, and then it just sort of happened,” she said. “And what I noticed was that he has this funny little mouth and I could always do this thing with my lip.”
Even though she didn’t have to watch Sessions’ testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, she found plenty that she could use to riff off with her impression, invoking everything from soap dispensers to the sound of cicadas.
H/T The Daily Beast
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.