- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Joan Rivers promotes the iPhone 6 from beyond the grave
Looks like Joan Rivers is cozying up to Steve Jobs in the afterlife.
The late entertainer Joan Rivers was nothing if not a workaholic. In every profile and interview that was released after her untimely death, friends and family commented on Rivers frenetic energy and constant need to work, even at 81 years old. That’s why it should come as no surprise that the one-woman empire continues to post to social media from beyond the grave.
On Friday, a post appeared on Rivers’ still-active Facebook fan page that announced that she would be retiring her iPhone 4s, which served her faithfully for four years, in exchange for a shiny, new iPhone 6. The post, which went on to drag about Apple’s “Great achievement in design,” was removed shortly after it was posted, and we’re assuming a social media intern is now on the job hunt.
While it’s no secret that celebrities hire out teams to schedule their social media postings well in advance, the announcement of the iPhone 6 didn’t come until Sept. 9, five days after Rivers passed. Chalk the whole thing up to Joan doing a little bit of afterlife ass-kissing, hoping to get on Steve Jobs’ good side.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.