Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni
Some are sharing their favorite anime produced by the studio.
The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out
At least some good memes were spawned from that horror show.
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Jeffrey Tambor officially fired from ‘Transparent’ following sexual harassment claims
| Last updated
Amazon confirmed on Thursday that Jeffrey Tambor will not be returning to Transparent following sexual harassment claims and an internal investigation by the retail and streaming company, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The investigation had been launched after two actresses, Trace Lysette and Van Barnes, said Tambor sexually harassed them. Show creator Jill Soloway said she had “great respect and admiration” for the women, who are both transgender, speaking out about their experiences.
“We are grateful to the many trans people who have supported our vision for Transparent since its inception and remain heartbroken about the pain and mistrust their experience has generated in our community,” Soloway said in a statement. “We are taking definitive action to ensure our workplace respects the safety and dignity of every individual, and are taking steps to heal as a family.”
Tambor denied the accusations against him in a statement Thursday, saying he was “profoundly disappointed” in the way Amazon handled the investigation.
“I am even more disappointed in Jill Soloway’s unfair characterization of me as someone who would ever cause harm to any of my fellow cast mates,” Tambor said. “As I have consistently stated, I deeply regret if any action of mine was ever misinterpreted by anyone and I will continue to vehemently defend myself.”
Lysette had said prior to Amazon’s investigation that Tambor sexually harassed her on multiple occasions and “got physical” during one encounter. She said working with Tambor “has been a roller coaster. One minute Jeffrey is lovely, the next it’s a temper tantrum or flirtation.”
Barnes, who is Tambor’s former assistant, said Tambor behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner in a private social media post.
Transparent is set to begin production and premiere this year without Tambor.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.
© The Daily Dot, all rights reserved. Represented by Complex Media, Inc. for advertising sales.