Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank
No, the crank isn't used to power the console.
- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
Jeffrey Tambor officially fired from ‘Transparent’ following sexual harassment claims
| Last updated
Amazon confirmed on Thursday that Jeffrey Tambor will not be returning to Transparent following sexual harassment claims and an internal investigation by the retail and streaming company, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The investigation had been launched after two actresses, Trace Lysette and Van Barnes, said Tambor sexually harassed them. Show creator Jill Soloway said she had “great respect and admiration” for the women, who are both transgender, speaking out about their experiences.
“We are grateful to the many trans people who have supported our vision for Transparent since its inception and remain heartbroken about the pain and mistrust their experience has generated in our community,” Soloway said in a statement. “We are taking definitive action to ensure our workplace respects the safety and dignity of every individual, and are taking steps to heal as a family.”
Tambor denied the accusations against him in a statement Thursday, saying he was “profoundly disappointed” in the way Amazon handled the investigation.
“I am even more disappointed in Jill Soloway’s unfair characterization of me as someone who would ever cause harm to any of my fellow cast mates,” Tambor said. “As I have consistently stated, I deeply regret if any action of mine was ever misinterpreted by anyone and I will continue to vehemently defend myself.”
Lysette had said prior to Amazon’s investigation that Tambor sexually harassed her on multiple occasions and “got physical” during one encounter. She said working with Tambor “has been a roller coaster. One minute Jeffrey is lovely, the next it’s a temper tantrum or flirtation.”
Barnes, who is Tambor’s former assistant, said Tambor behaved in a sexually inappropriate manner in a private social media post.
Transparent is set to begin production and premiere this year without Tambor.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.
© The Daily Dot, all rights reserved. Represented by Complex Media, Inc. for advertising sales.