- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
‘Let’s get real. Jeb needs this.’
A group of girls performing a bizarre tribute to Donald Trump was one of the many spectacles in a sea of Trump rallies, but there’s someone in the presidential race who probably needs it much more than Trump.
That sort of headline-making stunt might be the right call for a candidate willing to do whatever it takes to wrestle the mainstream media attention away from Trump—a harder thing to do now that he has the endorsement of Sarah Palin. So Jimmy Kimmel, always ready to help, decided to get a different group of singing girls to don patriotic dresses and perform for that other, more needy candidate: Jeb Bush.
They’re about as jazzed singing it as we are watching it, but between all of the fake and exhausted enthusiasm is a surprise appearance from Vanessa Hudgens, something Trump’s version never had.
Screengrab via Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.