- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban 2 Years Ago
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream 2 Years Ago
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
- While Rubio smiles at Trump’s campaign rally, the internet drags him Today 11:04 AM
- Dr Disrespect is still banned from Twitch. When will he be back? Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ is returning to theaters with new material Today 10:18 AM
- House fails to pass amendment curbing government surveillance Today 10:12 AM
- What happened when Ed Krassenstein crashed the Chapo Trap House subreddit Today 9:21 AM
- Andrew Yang comes out as pro-Bird Scooters Today 8:59 AM
- Netflix claims Adam Sandler’s ‘Murder Mystery’ broke viewing records Today 8:09 AM
- How to watch ‘Yellowstone’ online for free Today 8:00 AM
- How online allies joined a trans artist’s street art war Today 7:30 AM
- These edited videos show the dark side of your favorite cartoons Today 7:00 AM
James Franco’s movie about ‘The Room’ gets its first trailer
The Disaster Arist—which Franco directs, produces, and stars in—is adapted from a book by the same title, and it explores the harrowing process of getting actor Tommy Wiseau to… do his job while The Room was being filmed.
It premiered at this year’s SXSW along with Baby Driver, and considering how the other movie’s doing, we may have another hit on our hands. The Room is already a bona-fide cult classic at this point, and has been screening to sold-out audiences nationwide for over a decade, so it makes sense for fans to finally get a peek behind the curtain.
The Disaster Artist hits theaters Dec. 1.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.