- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
You know that one guy that gets drunk and then tries to kiss everyone at parties? James Corden is very much that guy.
— joe mande (@JoeMande) September 18, 2017
To the disappointment and outrage of many Twitter users, a photographer captured what appeared to be a giddy Corden kissing Spicer’s cheek backstage.
— Ken Reid (@KennethWReid) September 18, 2017
This has lowered my opinion of James Corden, it really couldn't get any lower.
— Ingame Clown Posse (@esp0ntaneo) September 18, 2017
'Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.'
— Characters (@1_4_T) September 18, 2017
“Anyone ever have that feeling when you get a little drunk and then wake up the next morning and think ‘Oh God, who did I kiss last night?’ It’s a bit like that,” Corden said in the opening monologue of his show Monday night, which was rife with jokes—and absent of apology—about the photo.
Many people compared the photo of Corden and Spicer to last year when Jimmy Fallon ruffled Trump’s hair on the Tonight Show.
— Scott Dworkin (@funder) September 18, 2017
The only person happy with James Corden kissing Sean Spicer is Jimmy Fallon
— Carlos Adama (@Carlos_Adama) September 18, 2017
James Cordon is now on the same list as Jimmy Fallon for people I thought were cool and funny but are actual massive gobshites
— Fíona (@FionaCuffed) September 18, 2017
“To be fair, everyone was kissing ass last night at the Emmys,” went another of Corden’s jokes about the photo on his show. “I just happened to kiss the biggest one there.”
“Basically, what I’m saying is, I need to learn how to shake hands!” Corden said.
H/T the Washington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.