- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot 2 Years Ago
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos 2 Years Ago
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Today 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Today 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Today 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Today 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Today 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Today 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
James Corden isn’t apologizing for Sean Spicer kiss photo
James Corden is that one guy that gets drunk and then tries to kiss everyone at parties—but is kissing Sean Spicer taking it too far?
You know that one guy that gets drunk and then tries to kiss everyone at parties? James Corden is very much that guy.
To the disappointment and outrage of many Twitter users, a photographer captured what appeared to be a giddy Corden kissing Spicer’s cheek backstage.
This has lowered my opinion of James Corden, it really couldn't get any lower.— Ingame Clown Posse (@esp0ntaneo) September 18, 2017
“Anyone ever have that feeling when you get a little drunk and then wake up the next morning and think ‘Oh God, who did I kiss last night?’ It’s a bit like that,” Corden said in the opening monologue of his show Monday night, which was rife with jokes—and absent of apology—about the photo.
Many people compared the photo of Corden and Spicer to last year when Jimmy Fallon ruffled Trump’s hair on the Tonight Show.
The only person happy with James Corden kissing Sean Spicer is Jimmy Fallon— Carlos Adama (@Carlos_Adama) September 18, 2017
James Cordon is now on the same list as Jimmy Fallon for people I thought were cool and funny but are actual massive gobshites— Fíona (@FionaCuffed) September 18, 2017
“To be fair, everyone was kissing ass last night at the Emmys,” went another of Corden’s jokes about the photo on his show. “I just happened to kiss the biggest one there.”
“Basically, what I’m saying is, I need to learn how to shake hands!” Corden said.
H/T the Washington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.