- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
You know that one guy that gets drunk and then tries to kiss everyone at parties? James Corden is very much that guy.
— joe mande (@JoeMande) September 18, 2017
To the disappointment and outrage of many Twitter users, a photographer captured what appeared to be a giddy Corden kissing Spicer’s cheek backstage.
— Ken Reid (@KennethWReid) September 18, 2017
This has lowered my opinion of James Corden, it really couldn't get any lower.
— Ingame Clown Posse (@esp0ntaneo) September 18, 2017
'Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons.'
— Characters (@1_4_T) September 18, 2017
“Anyone ever have that feeling when you get a little drunk and then wake up the next morning and think ‘Oh God, who did I kiss last night?’ It’s a bit like that,” Corden said in the opening monologue of his show Monday night, which was rife with jokes—and absent of apology—about the photo.
Many people compared the photo of Corden and Spicer to last year when Jimmy Fallon ruffled Trump’s hair on the Tonight Show.
— Scott Dworkin (@funder) September 18, 2017
The only person happy with James Corden kissing Sean Spicer is Jimmy Fallon
— Carlos Adama (@Carlos_Adama) September 18, 2017
James Cordon is now on the same list as Jimmy Fallon for people I thought were cool and funny but are actual massive gobshites
— Fíona (@FionaCuffed) September 18, 2017
“To be fair, everyone was kissing ass last night at the Emmys,” went another of Corden’s jokes about the photo on his show. “I just happened to kiss the biggest one there.”
“Basically, what I’m saying is, I need to learn how to shake hands!” Corden said.
H/T the Washington Post
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.