- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
While President Donald Trump was busy bragging about tax cuts and eliminating the Environmental Protection Agency, Ivanka and Jared might’ve been getting down and nasty, according the Huffington Post.
A new 21-minuted playlist suddenly appeared under Ivanka Trump’s Spotify profile on Oct. 15, her first since she published a holiday party curation in 2015. While the mix is pretty innocuous and tame, the debutante dropped the new playlist 10 days before her and Jared’s eighth wedding anniversary.
With a title that reads more a like a passcode to one’s phone or house alarm—“991122,” which HuffPo notes is the HTML code for red—the five-song playlist features a small gamut of superstars like John Legend and Bruno Mars. It opens with Legend’s chart-topping single “Best of Me,” followed by his reconciliatory single “Ordinary People.”
The tempo doesn’t pick up from there, with Bruno Mars’ sappy “When I Was Your Man” coming third on the list, right before James Blunt’s woeful lone hit “You’re Beautiful.” It ends with Adele’s melodramatic “When We Were Young.”
Ivanka Trump’s Spotify account is public, though it only has 1,000-plus followers. The playlist itself has ballooned in followers to 60 as of Wednesday evening.
Interpretations of this playlist can go anyway here. The sad nature of its songs lends it to sound more like the prelude to a breakup while the overly dramatic instrumental flourishes invoke an image of Jared and Ivanka waltzing around in a lavishly decorated ballroom at Mar-a-Lago.
Many aren’t convinced this was a sex playlist, while others had some song suggestions for the couple to consider.
Odd that Savage Garden’s Truly Madly Deeply didn’t make the cut
— Tommy Vietor (@TVietor08) October 25, 2017
This is bullshit, where is Ed Sheeran? pic.twitter.com/EpnWQTqbq5
— Scary Snap or w/e (@snapwilson) October 25, 2017
No Teddy Pendergrass? No Luther Vandross? What the hell are they doing?
— Psamtik (@Psamtik_Premo) October 25, 2017
I thought for sure Social Distortion’s Prison Bound would be on the list
— Lawrence Alberts (@AlbertsLawrence) October 25, 2017
This is wildly boring. Somebody should have sent her my preemptive honeymoon playlist: https://t.co/AWj1RYpJwM
— grant (@grantste) October 25, 2017
The presidential couple has remained mum. None of the celebrities or featured musicians have chimed in about the playlist. I give Chrissy Teigen until tomorrow.
H/T Huffington Post
Danielle Ransom is a journalist who has worked as a researcher for CNN, NBC's KXAN-TV, CBS' KEYE-TV.