- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
Honest Trailers take a look at the existential dread of ‘Toy Story’
That’s not a snake in your boot, Woody, it’s the futility of human existence.
The parody gurus at Screen Junkies have never opted to preserve the dignity of an esteemed cultural juggernaut rather than provide us with a hilariously Honest Trailer. Fortunately for all of us, Toy Story wasn’t all that dignified to begin with.
By the time you’re done with this trailer you may find yourself thinking about the flawless grandfather of the Pixar empire in a totally different light. Is Toy Story actually all taking place in Woody’s mind? Has he suffered a dissociative break from reality rather than accept that he’s been quietly locked away in a trunk somewhere for the rest of his existence? Is the entire last third the last gasp of a man who thinks he’s making a perilous dash for freedom, when in reality he’s about to suffer an Ambrose Bierce-like Occurrence in Sid’s Backyard?
And for that matter, won’t someone think about Sid?
Luckily there’s an Honest Cameo from Randy Newman later on to ease our troubled minds—where “Randy Newman” is actually comedian Will Sasso.
And “honest” is, well… by now, you’ve probably figured that one out on your own.
Screengrab via Screen Junkies/YouTube
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.